ERM / Inflation Actuary
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
Leading the modelling, valuation and reporting of the equity release mortgage portfolio, and supporting the modelling and reporting of inflation risk for Canada Life UK Division
• Lead the production of regular ERM valuations in accordance with the relevant standards and regulations. This will include the production of quarterly reporting packs for ERM portfolios for UK Division and other funders.
• Lead the initiative to improve and optimise the ERM valuation process and provide value adding insight to the business.
• Communication of the ERM valuation results to senior executives (Chief Investment Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Actuary etc.) and provide recommendations as necessary.
• Accurate and timely reporting of other associated requirements eg LICAT, Asset Default Provision, Analysis of change etc
• Review the valuation basis for ERM's on an annual basis in accordance with the relevant standards and regulations. Present the proposal to senior management to get their sign off.
• Provide appropriate support to the Reporting Actuaries and others to implement basis review recommendations and/or facilitate change to support the requirements of the business.
• Provide input/support to the internal modelling team on ERM's, as necessary.
• Support the establishment of inflation risk management framework within the UK division.
• Support the production of Management information for inflation risk and enhance inflation models and documentations.
• Support the development of Solvency II Inflation risk internal model.
• Production of MI and other papers for the Asset/Liability Committee and any working groups (eg NPV working group).
• Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments on ERM's and inflation risk.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
• Experience with valuation / reporting work and practical experience with setting actuarial basis.
• Prior experience with ERM and Inflation risk would be advantageous.
• Ability to apply actuarial techniques to business problems.
• Able to influence and challenge.
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) able to communicate technical issues to senior management including non-actuaries.
• Able to build relationships with people at all levels.
• Highly analytical.
• Understanding and ability to implement/maintain an actuarial control framework.
• Qualified Actuary What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences