Customer Data Manager
Potters Bar / Flexible Remote Working Blend
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What We're Building
We now need an Customer Data Manager to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Customer Services function, so it can stand out for the experience and service we deliver by building on our service reputation, and delivering market-leading service excellence for our customers and advisers.
• To identify and propose a strategy to align and consolidate the Customer Service Data across multiple product lines within CS
• Lead CS customer data strategy, devising a data roadmap that enables the business to use customer data to deliver our goals, specifically for the purpose of customer insight and management information
• Responsible for ensuring clear process are in place on managing our Customer Data whilst working alongside SP to ensure a smooth transition on new platforms
• Using data analysis and interpretation skills, with a forensic aptitude for analysing complex and varied data sources, the role will work with the colleagues across the business identifying and presenting findings which might reveal business opportunities or explain trend.
• To lead a team to manage customer data ensuring all regulatory requirements are met, ensuring service targets are fit for purpose, fully understood and routinely met.
• To maintain a focus on continual improvement in respect of customer quality and delivery, along with process excellence, ensuring that costs remain appropriate.
• To lead and develop direct reports, championing talent management and transparency; embedding a culture of customer, continuous improvement and professionalism.
What You'll Do
• To lead a team including team leaders, through a significant period of change, to establish & embed robust Customer Data Strategy across Customer Services. Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels throughout the company and with external partners as appropriate. Influence, collaborate and engage with stakeholders to embed new processes and ways of working. Collaborate with other functions and programmes to share information and learnings
• To recruit, develop and coach both direct & indirect reports, ensuring that the team leaders and members' performance and capability aligns with the department objectives. In addition, developing all employees as appropriate to ensure successful succession plans are in place.
• To ensure that appropriate customer outcomes are delivered at an acceptable cost via a regular cycle of process reviews; ensuring risks and issues are identified and resolved or escalated as appropriate.
• To review changes in regulation and legislation affecting the tasks and processes carried out, making sure these are correctly interpreted and communicated as appropriate. In addition, ensuring that regulation compliance is maintained by implementing any required changes to tasks and processes.
• To manage and ensure flexible resource levels (people, skills and availability) are maintained at all times, in order for the business to adapt quickly and effectively to peaks in volumes, ensuring service standards are achieved.
Who You Are
• Excellent people management / team coaching and leadership skills
• Previous experience in managing and leading operational teams in a regulatory, professional and legal environment
• Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a Management Team, as well with internal stakeholders
• Able to effectively work with external stakeholders to promote our service credentials, strengthen distributor relationships and manage issues
• Able to provide strategic input arising from trends and discussion groups, including recommendations for subsequent action plans
• Expert level in the end to end data journeys and reporting
• Requires understanding of external trends in data strategies and reporting
• Experience of successfully managing a major project / change
• Able to identify implications of events or actions outside of own immediate work area and to take appropriate action
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• "Can Do", proactive attitude
• Diligent and conscientious in the accuracy of their work, excellent attention to detail
• Ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment and able to work under pressure Qualifications
• Minimum 5 A* - C / 9 - 4 Grade GCSEs (including English and Maths) or equivalent - essential
• Award in Financial Administration - essential What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences