Bulk Annuity Quotations Manager
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
To lead the Bulk Annuities quotations and ensure appropriate actuarial controls and monitoring of pricing are in place. They will ensure maintenance of and compliance with appropriate corporate policies and standards.
In addition, this role will manage, motivate and develop the performance of a group of individuals in their team and provide support to the Business Development area.
- Lead a team Qualified Actuaries and Students that are responsible for the pricing of bulk annuities. This includes recruitment, 121's, coaching and development, day to day management, annual performance reviews etc.
- Communicate to and influence Senior Executives (Executive Director Insurance, CFO, Chief Actuary etc.), in an appropriate manner on the impact, financial and otherwise, of the various bulk annuity quotations.
Analyse and provide recommendations to senior executives to ensure successful business operation.
- Develop, gain approval for and execute pricing initiatives for bulk annuities to improve sales, competitiveness, capital efficiency and profitability.
- Review and produce Actuarial Reports, including Pricing reports, and Statements, providing appropriate comments/feedback to ensure the appropriate issue is dealt with effectively
- Provide support to the Managing Director of Annuities as required.
This includes representing Canada Life at Beauty Parades, external legal negotiations, triage management and the overall bulk annuity strategy.
- Supporting the ongoing Canada Life relationship with Employee Benefit Consultants.
- Act as subject matter expert and lead business project work streams as required by the development schedule. Example projects may include inflation project, deferred annuities etc.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Previous experience of managing a team and resource planning is essential.
- Knowledge of UK Bulk Annuity markets.
- Analysing and reasoning skills, to reach sound and defensible conclusions / recommendations based on data but being pragmatic as situation and needs dictate.
- Ability to apply actuarial techniques to business problems.
- Influencing skills in order to manage a range of stakeholders to enable delivery of desired objectives.
- Strong communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical and pricing concepts to a variety of stakeholders.
- Able to build relationships with people at all levels.
- Understanding and ability to implement/maintain an actuarial control framework.
- Qualified Actuary
What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences