Assistant Actuary - IFRS 17 Project
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
There is an opportunity for a qualified actuary to join the IFRS 17 Project team. Successful applicants will be involved in a number of work streams, including balance sheet quantifications, transition, testing of actuarial and finance systems and change management activity.
This position is being recruited as a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Carry out dry run valuation exercises and other balance sheet quantifications
- Produce transitional CSM calculations using Full Retrospective and Fair Value Approaches
- Provide guidance for Change Management Activity, relating to Pricing, Reinsurance and ALM
- Testing of systems and services being developed by the local and global development teams
- Assist with the development of the IFRS 17 accounting policy framework
- Prepare materials for meetings with management and other stakeholders
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
• Good understanding of UK insurance industry and products
• Strong understanding of IFRS 17 essential, experience on IFRS 17 projects desirable
• Knowledge and understanding of actuarial valuation
• Strong communication skills (able to convey technical issues to colleagues including senior managers and non-actuaries)
• Familiarity with Prophet desirable
• Understanding and ability to implement/maintain an actuarial control framework
• Ability to produce high quality output within agreed timescales
• Team player
• Qualified Actuary What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences