Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract or secondment and is located in Potters Bar.
This role will support the delivery of financial reporting requirements to meet the needs of local management, the UK regulator and the wider Group. As well as contributing to the delivery of our quarterly & annual financial reporting requirements, the role will be key in supporting transformation & developing processes to reflect business changes within financial reporting and facilitate greater efficiency across all aspects of actuarial reporting. As such, this role is a temporary role within the finance change project which is looking at increasing process efficiency within actuarial reporting.
The role will provide extensive exposure to financial & solvency reporting as well as opportunities to communicate those results to management. In addition, we are looking for someone who will initiate & implement improvements and has a proven track record in this area.
• Review and communicate Canadian-IFRS & Solvency II results with a focus on understanding the key drivers of movements.
• Build effective relationships with valuation, finance & investment team members to facilitate timely completion of reports & comprehensive analysis of results.
• Maintain a controlled environment for reporting processes
• Identify processes where efficiencies can be made & effectively implement changes in line with the change control policy
• Keep abreast of industry issues and developments to ensure the business processes and results are in line with the industry and regulatory requirements.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
• Qualified Actuary with relevant experience in financial reporting
• Track record in effectively making process improvements
• Good communicator
• Good project management skills
• Works well within a controlled environment, showing clear and comprehensive audit trails
• Relevant experience in a Life Office
• Excellent knowledge of MS Excel What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences