Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
This is a developmental intern role (8 weeks' duration) suitable for a mathematics / actuary University student.
The individual will be performing a combination of daily tasks in support of the team as well as assisting with short-term project work. Tasks may include responding to queries from outside of the department, pulling together and reviewing management information produced in the team.
No previous work experience is required however the individual will need to have the mathematical knowledge and initiative in order to perform the tasks themselves with coaching.
Please note that this position is not intended for Canada Life employees, but may be suitable for people you know studying either a maths or actuarial degree seeking an internship.
- Supporting the Actuaries by actively contributing to development of assigned initiatives including suggesting ideas and ways to move forward.
- Assist in the continuous review and improvement of the department's processes and procedures to ensure the provision of timely, accurate and efficient levels of service.
- Assist in the production of Actuarial reports and management information to enable management to make informed financial decisions and comply with regulatory requirements and management of risk. This will be done via collating data using excel spreadsheets and / or Business Intelligence tools..
- Assist the team in business and usual tasks such managing queries received into the team and ensuring responses are made in an agreed timeframe.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
• High numeracy, preferred
• Entering final year of Undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
• Good problem solving skills
• Good MS office skills e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Currently studying in an Undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics or a related field What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences