Working in a team of four the tax senior is involved in providing tax services to both corporate and personal tax clients.
An experienced part or full time tax senior is being sought to join the tax team in the Peterborough office of Moore Stephens East Midlands. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
Moore Stephens is a fast-growing, top twenty accounting and advisory network, with offices throughout the UK and members across the globe. In the East Midlands firm, we have offices in Corby and Peterborough.
We offer a complete solution for businesses and individuals. As well as the usual services of accounts, tax advice and audits we also offer a complete payroll service, strategic business planning, corporate finance, inheritance tax planning and much more. Our aim is to provide outstanding service in a professional and efficient manner tailored to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value.
The Role Able to work independently and as part of a team you will be responsible for processing tax returns and reviewing work from the tax and accounts teams to strict deadlines ensuring compliance with HMRC regulations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing and reviewing corporation tax computations at provision and final stage; and
- Corporation, partnership and overseas landlord tax returns
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence including reviewing/preparing letters for review
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with clients and colleagues within the firm
- Communicating with clients to obtain relevant information or to resolve queries, dealing with client due diligence and other compliance matters
- Ensuring deadlines are met and that issues or difficulties that arise are brought to the attention of the senior team members; and keeping senior team members up to date with progress of work
- Developing a knowledge of UK and other taxation matters; researching and problem solving by using HMRC manuals, tax legislation and other material in addition to seeking advice from more senior members of the department
We seek a passionate and enthusiastic individual with strong numeracy and literacy skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a commitment to delivering a first class service to clients, and the ability to work as part of a team.
You must have excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbally.
A driving licence and access to transport is essential as the role may involve travel between the offices in Corby and Peterborough as well as visiting clients.
- At least two years of tax experience within practice
- Proven ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines whilst maintaining high level of accuracy
- A commitment to delivering a first class service to clients, and the ability to work as part of a team
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Problem solving skills
- Keen to add value to clients' businesses
- Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios
- Excellent customer service and communications skills, both written and verbally
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of GDPR regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Ability to adopt new technology and procedures
- Adaptable and flexible in attitude
- Qualified ATT or CTA trainee
- Experience of R&D assessments
- Good knowledge of capital allowances
- Experience of taxation matters for or working with high net worth individuals
- Experience of non-domiciled clients
Education & qualifications
- Applicants should have at least five GCSEs at Grade C or Grade 4 and above including Maths and English.
Role reports to: Tax Associate
Salary/benefits What we can offer you:
- We are able to offer a dynamic and varied workload and excellent prospects for progression.
- Competitive salary (market rate) depending upon experience. Salary is reviewed annually.
- Paid study leave and funding for professional training.
- Extensive internal and on-the-job training.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme: under the requirements of pension auto-enrolment you will be automatically enrolled into the Group Personal Pension scheme.
- 20 days annual leave increasing to 25 days for fully qualified staff in addition to statutory bank holidays.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary.
- Eligibility for the firm's annual bonus scheme.