Operational Risk Manager
- Peterborough, England, United Kingdom Peterborough England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BGL Group Limited
- 10 Apr 18 2018-04-10
The Operational Risk Manager will provide effective advice, guidance and support to IDO in respect of risk management frameworks, standards, policies and procedures to ensure that our processes, controls, data & systems are secure and protected; and to support the Senior Risk Manager in the delivery of the business’ risk management strategy.
Operational Risk Manager
Here at BGL Group we are looking for a dedicated and experienced Operational Risk and Standards Manager to join our IDO team! This is a great opportunity for you to support the Senior Risk Manager in the delivery of the business’ risk management strategy!
What’s the role?
• Provide effective advice, guidance and support to IDO in respect of risk management frameworks, standards, policies and procedures
• Help us to ensure that our processes, controls, data & systems are secure and protected.
• Own and manage the delivery of information security awareness and other risk communication campaigns
• Review evidence of the deployment and effectiveness of risk controls and indicators.
• Providing advice and guidance to the business on risk policies, standards and controls
• Support the business in meeting its obligations under PCI-DSS and develop an effective monitoring regime of controls for PCI-DSS.
What will it take?
• Knowledge of assurance functions and industry specific accreditations, e.g. ISO 27001 and/or ISO 22301
• Strong knowledge of effective information security frameworks and standards
• Good understanding of data management
• Experience of analysing and interpreting detailed information
• Good knowledge of risk management frameworks and tools
Why choose us?
We are building a market leading Compliance capability in both the Group and Business Unit Compliance functions at our Peterborough Head Office. The working environment is dynamic, transparent and supportive, and we are looking for candidates who are technically excellent, passionate about good customer outcomes and able to work collaboratively.
We grow because we are…
• We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
• We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
• We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
• We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, CompareTheMarket, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!