Associate Director, Group Compliance
- Highly Competitive
- Peterborough, England, United Kingdom Peterborough England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BGL Group Limited
- 10 Apr 18 2018-04-10
Reporting to the Group Compliance Director, the new Associate Director (AD) Compliance is a senior 2nd line compliance role focussed upon the provision of advisory expertise at all levels across the BGL Group ensuring BGL remains customer focused and compliant whilst maintaining competitive advantage in a dynamic marketplace.
Since our founding in 1992 BGL has been a disrupter in the insurance industry, we’re constantly looking for new technologies, techniques or gaps in the market to meet the needs of our 8.5 million customers. Today we strive to be a world class digital distributor across all of our target markets, in the UK and beyond.
We are creating a leading compliance capability which will speed decision making, create competitive advantage and mitigate key risks. The AD for Compliance will play a key role in helping us achieve this.
What will you be responsible for as BGL’s AD Compliance
- Leading the review and enhancement of existing policies impacting the key risk areas of conduct, conflicts of interest and regulatory change
- Supporting the Group Compliance Director in providing an effective regulatory compliance advisory service to the Group and to all Business Units, including strategies for handling regulatory change and emerging regulatory risk
- Playing a key role in maintaining an effective regulatory framework for ensuring robust compliance standards are upheld across all Business Units
- Embedding a compliance-aware culture across the Group, and improving the understanding/application of regulatory compliance
What will it take?
- Demonstrable success in a compliance leadership role, ideally gained in an insurance business
- Exceptional understanding of complex business models
- Deep expertise in creating and critiquing policy advice
- Demonstrable experience of operating in highly matrixed and diverse teams
- Experience of influencing strategic planning & control in similar businesses
- Deep expertise of designing and implementing compliance management frameworks and policies
- Extensive operational expertise of all of the above
We grow because we are…
AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.