Head of Research – Ones to Watch
- £45K - £65K
- Oxford, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Fast Track
- 12 Mar 19
Oxford-based Fast Track is looking for an experienced and talented researcher and project manager. They will be part of our senior management team and be responsible for our high-profile ‘Ones to Watch’ programmes, which identify the UK’s future star private companies featured in the business section of The Sunday Times, as part of our league tables published for the past 22 years. They will be expected to conduct the research for one or two programmes, and contribute to the strategic development of the business.
The ideal candidate should be a bright graduate with at least five years’ relevant company financial research and project management experience, a strong team leader with excellent writing skills and a keen interest in the UK’s private companies. They could come from a variety of backgrounds, including, but not limited to: accountancy, private equity, corporate finance or business consultancy.
To thrive in the role, the successful candidate will need to embrace our culture of continuous improvement, have exceptional attention to detail and strong account handling skills at a senior level.
This role is new, having split the director of research role in three, with a head of research – operations, and a head of research – league tables.
The role & responsibilities
- Leadership: lead and co-manage our 11-strong full-time researchers and eight freelancers
- Project management: lead and personally manage the research of one or two of our five ‘Ones to Watch’ (OtW) programmes published in The Sunday Times, and help with judging
- Research & analysis: conduct primary research, identify and visit future star companies, and analyse their accounts
- Editing & writing: write and/or edit the supporting OtW articles, with by-lines in our supplements in The Sunday Times
- Account handling: help account manage our blue-chip clients
- Networking dinners: work with our events team to help to engage ‘OtW’ companies to secure their attendance at some of our 30+ annual invitation-only networking dinners, and attend & assist at up to 8 dinners a year
About Fast Track
Fast Track, founded in 1997, is the UK’s leading research and networking events company focused on top-performing entrepreneurs and private companies.
Based in Central Oxford with c.26 staff, we publish seven annual league table supplements with The Sunday Times, ranking the fastest-growing to the biggest private companies. We also organise and run over 30+ invitation-only networking awards events and alumni dinners a year for their entrepreneurial directors to meet each other and our sponsors, who want to do new business with them. Our sole source of revenue is from our blue-chip sponsors.
Our sponsors include: Virgin (all 22 yrs); HSBC, Lloyds, PwC, and UBS Wealth Management (15+ yrs); Barclays, BDO, Hiscox, Grant Thornton and Virgin Atlantic (10+ yrs); BGF, BMW and Linklaters (5+ yrs); DHL and N+1 Singer (3 yrs); and Oracle Netsuite and Santander (1 yr)