Head of Compliance
- £44,000 - £54,000 per annum GBP
- Oxford, England, United Kingdom Oxford England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Blue Cross
- 30 Aug 18 2018-08-30
This is an incredible opportunity for a chartered auditor or accountant to drive forward standards in audit, risk management and business continuity with our charity. As the Head of Compliance, you will undertake a comprehensive leadership role overseeing the Blue Cross audit function, ensuring there are appropriate risk management and business continuity systems in place.
Head of Compliance
Blue Cross are one the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
We’re working to rehome 20,000 pets by 2020 and so we are looking for a Head of Compliance to take charge of our internal audit function, risk management and business continuity.
- Salary of £44,000 - £54,000 per annum
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Life Insurance
This is an incredible opportunity for a chartered auditor or accountant to drive forward standards in audit, risk management and business continuity with our charity.
We’re passionate about animal welfare and dedicated to rehoming, caring and supporting them as well as educating others about how to care for their pets.
Once you join the business, you’ll discover an organisation on the move. We’ve got a clear ethos and a plan of where we want Blue Cross to be, so your role will be vital in helping us get there and ensuring we are compliant in doing so.
So, if you are looking to do some real good with your career, make a difference and drive change whilst you do it, this is the role for you.
As the Head of Compliance, you will undertake a comprehensive leadership role overseeing the Blue Cross audit function, ensuring there are appropriate risk management and business continuity systems in place.
In this key role, you will draw up the audit strategy and annual plan and then work to deliver it, ensuring that we meet our legal, regulatory and business responsibilities.
You’ll be working across the charity with various teams, including the Executive Team and the Board of Trustees, ensuring the highest standards of risk and business continuity are supported.
To be considered as the Head of Compliance, you will need:
- To be a chartered internal auditor (CMIIA), a chartered accountant (CCAB) or have an equivalent qualification
- Significant post-qualification experience
- Experience in the management of risk and developing business continuity plans
- Significant experience in the development of audit strategies and management of audit departments and auditors, both in-house and externally provided
- Proven experience of developing and managing business continuity activity in multi-site, geographically dispersed organisations, ideally within the charity sector
- Experience in the use of various technology, tools and systems to support professional audit and risk management and business continuity services
- The ability to understand and apply the key principles of operational risk and business oversight as a second line of defence approach under the “Three Lines of Defence Model”
- The ability to analyse and interpret complex or technical issues and communicate this information in a clear and accessible way to a variety of audiences
- The ability to develop and deliver high quality audit work plans and programmes
- The ability to draft quality reports and management updates for a range of management and trustee audiences
- The ability to use the Microsoft suite of software products and other business management systems
We are eager to hear from you if you have held the role of Head of Compliance, Head of Audit, Chartered Auditor, Chartered Accountant, Head of Accounts, Head of Risk, Head of Risk and Compliance, Senior Audit Manager, or Accountancy Manager.
Webrecruit and Blue Cross are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you could see yourself as our next Head of Compliance, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.