- £52,889 - £66,783
- Nottingham, England, United Kingdom Nottingham England GB
- Contract, Full time
- E.ON UK plc
- 28 Jun 18 2018-06-28
Business and Community Solutions is at the heart of delivering E.ON's vision; to improve people's lives and become the energy solutions partner of choice. Whether customers are looking to improve profitability, secure their energy supply, reduce complexity or improve comfort and well-being, we have the technology and expertise that can help them fulfil their energy potential. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join the Finance & Commercial team supporting this fast-growing business area and play a key role in delivering this vision.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
Supporting the Head of Finance & Commercial, you will help to build our solutions capability in the UK, driving robust commercial decisions to shape the strategy for new and existing propositions. You’ll work closely with the Product Development domains at a group level and our UK Go to Market team to establish the commercial business case for the UK market, supporting the business to determine the market opportunity and influence pricing decisions. You will also work closely with the sales team to shape our customer proposals, identifying the customer’s needs and preparing a bundled commercial offer to strengthen our position as a solution partner of choice.
Key to this role will be your ability to identify opportunities to add value and use proactive stakeholder management to influence the strategic approach. Strong commercial acumen is required, including an ability to identify any risks and propose mitigating actions by engaging with other functional areas including finance, legal and regulatory stakeholders.
What we need from you
- Previous Commercial experience, driving commercial decisions through proven tools, techniques and drawing on knowledge of other markets where relevant.
- Experience managing a portfolio of projects whilst balancing multiple stakeholders both internally and externally.
- A keen desire to drive change across the organisation.
- Advanced stakeholder management with the ability to lead virtual teams and influence senior stakeholders
- Strong communication skills & influencing skills
It would be great if you had
- Experience understanding the energy markets, value chains and policy developments.
What we’ll give you in return
- 2 for 1 pension contributions
- Comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Voluntary benefits – discount and cashback
- Group Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Financial advice and guidance website
This role can be based in either Nottingham or Coventry with travel.
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
Due to the nature of this role a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check may be required.
For more information on reasonable adjustments click here.
What we offer
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is an international privately-owned energy supplier. In the 2014 financial year, our staff comprising in excess of more than 58,000 employees based in many countries in Europe as well as in Russia and North America generated sales of around EUR 112 billion. We have an ambitious objective: We want to be the preferred partner for high-value energy offerings for customers.
E.ON Power Plants Belgium bvba, a subsidiary of E.ON Energy Projects GmbH, is responsible for the sector industrial co-generation for industrial clients in Belgium. The core business encompasses the development, realization and operation of cogeneration plants.