Oracle Database Administrator
- Pension, Healthcare
- Northampton, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 19 Sep 17
Oracle Database Administrator Location: Northampton Start: ASAP Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits Ideal skills: Oracle, Oracle Database Administration, Linux, AIX, ITIL Oracle DBA/Oracle Database Administrator
Oracle Database Administrator
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
Ideal skills: Oracle, Oracle Database Administration, Linux, AIX, ITIL
Oracle DBA/Oracle Database Administrator
- Coordinates the stability of a large, complex, production database environment
- Delivery of database services to agreed levels, quality and cost through the matrix management of a team of 70+ FTE
- Manage external providers such as Oracle to ensure their participation in Service Delivery. Track and report their service management performance
- Manage the key stakeholders, suppliers & outsourced operations
- Represent the Database Service to teams including Engineering, Architecture, Risk, Security, BCM
- Manage internal stakeholders including Sourcing, Internal Audit, Group Risk and Group Security
- Manage key suppliers including Oracle, Red Hat, EMC, HP and Cisco. Negotiate with external suppliers around service SLAs, contract pricing, terms and conditions
- Sound Knowledge on Oracle Database Architecture
- Unix (primarily AIX, Linux) & Windows
- Experience in Oracle Dataguard, RMAN, RAC Oracle patching & Upgrades
- Solid knowledge of all the major components in a vendor's solution - specifically Oracle
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Take responsibility for completing tasks, focusing on requirements and planning to meet client needs, which the job holder helps to identify, advise and recommend technical solutions based on experience and Industry knowledge
- Follow strictly ITIL standards.
- React quickly and as necessary to live systems errors and service problems to limit downtime and resolve the problem
- Support the implementation of strategy and policy issues by involvement in change and/or advise to other technical areas and makes recommendations to improve procedures and working practices
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.