FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Java Developer - Bank - £65/£70k
Java Developer? looking to break into the financial/banking domain? based in Northampton? Just hit the link and apply.
Overall purpose of role
The Java Developer role is responsible for the production of high quality and fit for purpose application software.
In this instance the role is for a Lead Java Developer responsible for the building of Java based applications.
The role involves working alongside stakeholders, testers and designers to take requirements and transform them into working, deployable applications that will ultimately delight and surprise customers.
It also involves leading less experienced developers within the team, and ensuring that they produce applications of the required quality.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
* End-to-end software development lifecycle
* Agile Software development techniques
* Test Driven Development and automated testing techniques and tools
* Knowledge of Object Orientated Programming/Design and associated concepts.
* Deep understanding of the importance of code quality and the tools that can help the development communities monitor and maintain quality (e.g. SonarQube)
* Awareness of leading-edge tools, techniques and services within IT
* Ability to work in a cross-platform environment (Windows, MacOS, Linux).
* JEE/Java and Java based frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate, etc)
* WebServices / Rest / SOAP
* Version Control Software (Git / SVN)
* XML & JSON
* Experience of working within a regulatory driven change environment
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience of working within Financial Services
* HTML and associated Web Technologies.
* MicroServices/Domain Driven Architectures
- GBP65000 - GBP70000 per annum + benefits + bonus
- Northampton, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick