What will you be doing?
• Identifying, assessing and documenting risks and controls on each audit
• Evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of controls using data analytics where possible, and documenting this understanding in the BIA audit toolkit
• Updating the Audit Owner and audit team with progress and observations in daily meetings
• Collaborating with peers and supporting the Product, Analytics and Transformation audit team
• Writing high quality audit observations and supporting the Audit Owner in writing the report
• Providing suggestions to management within meetings, for actions to address control issues identified
• Proactively taking on additional tasks as requested by Vice Presidents/Directors/Managing Directors
• Embracing the agile approach adopted across BIA, suggesting practical ways of improving the work done including constructive feedback / upward feedback
What we’re looking for:
• Well experienced in conducting end-to-end audits or strong assurance experience
• Excellent communications skills to be able to communicate effectively with technical specialists and non-technical individuals, presenting findings to trough story-telling
• Proven ability to deliver timely high quality analytical work in a supervised environment
• Proven Stakeholder Management experience
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Relevant professional qualification, such as CISA, CISM, CISSP
• Practical experience of data analytics techniques, such as SQL Query and Python
• Risk and control experience in the financial services sector
• Practical understanding of relevant regulatory environment
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. This state-of-the art energy efficient building holds up to 2,500 staff. The office location is perfect for travel from the midlands and London alike as we are based just off the A45, it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.