As a Barclays Fraud Analyst - AVP, you will be joining the Global Financial Markets - Risk Fraud Analytics team, which is responsible for the provision of data driven analytics for the management of Fraud decision strategy. You will maximise the performance of Fraud risk systems, toolkits and associated data and processes to contribute directly to the proactive detection of fraud and the reduction of fraud losses while minimising impact to our genuine customers and their transactions.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to dynamic working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
What will you be doing?
• Ensuring effective scoring and rule performance management for fraud detection tools ensuring optimal False Positive rates and Key Performance Indicators
• Producing the design, development and deployment of analysis and monitoring to prevent and detect fraud, responding to emerging trends and attacks
• Being a data subject-matter-expert in the evaluation and development of new fraud systems/ tools and their implementation
• Supporting the delivery of predictive analytics and models to allow the development of new Fraud Management solutions and better understand fraud control strategies
• Assisting stakeholders to articulate their fraud system strategy requirements/ queries - guiding and challenging where appropriate
• Absorbing large quantities of data at speed, making the right decisions quickly with limited data availability
• Using your sound good knowledge of data analysis, theory and multivariate statistical techniques (e.g. Logistic Regression) What we're looking for:
• A degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research or related area or significant relevant experience
• The working knowledge of SAS/ SQL
• Experience of working in a data intensive environment
• Building predictive models utilising a standard statistical package SUS as SAS (preferred) for large financial institutions Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Fraud Risk systems/ controls and their operating environments
• Being able to understand issues relating to card and non-card fraud
• Understanding of each fraud type and their typical attributes and the key drivers of fraud losses Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.