As a Barclays Engineering Manager you will develop applications with machine learning components to support fraud technology. You will deliver production-grade quality code, developing experience of Microservices/ Rest Services. You will use your skills and expertise to assess the risks we face and ensure technologies are put in place to mitigate these risks to protect our business, clients and customers without compromising the accessibility of our products and services.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to dynamic working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process . What will you be doing?
• Developing Agile software development in Java, Cloud technologies - AWS and Openshift
• Delivering solutions within a DevOps environment with a relentless focus on automation of testing and deployment
• Recognising, selecting and applying appropriate design patterns/ frameworks according to business benefit, whilst maintaining and delivering priorities and constrains
• Maintaining agreed standards applicable to the work undertaken and ensuring that these, and other mandatory standards and architectures, are adhered to
• Training junior programmers and developing their technical and organisational skills
• Creating and refactoring programs in accordance with the design - following relevant code management procedures and applying agreed coding standards
• Taking part in reviews of own work and leading reviews of colleagues' work
• Completing assignment work to budget, time and quality requirements, including a combination of performing operational support tasks to agreed service standards What we're looking for:
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience developing medium to large Applications using different Cloud technologies like AWS, Openshift
• An understanding of spring boot, Rest API & Microservices
• A background of Containerised apps using Docker, Kubernetes Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent communication skills - verbal & written
• Experience in building distributed Machine Learning systems
• A background in an Agile development methodology
• Project management tools: Rally, JIRA, Confluence, Stash Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.