Dev Ops Engineer
As a Barclays Dev Ops Engineer you will develop applications with machine learning components to support Barclay's Fraud Technology team. The team assesses the risks we face and ensure technologies are put in place to mitigate these risks to protect our business, clients and customers without compromising the accessibility of our products and services. This is an exciting area with high growth to be joining, allowing you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to dynamic working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process. What will you be doing?
• Working with agile software development in java / other languages, cloud technologies - AWS, Openshift.
• Delivering production-grade code with excellent quality
• Delivering solutions within a DevOps environment with a relentless focus on automation of testing and deployment
• Recognising, selecting and applying appropriate design patterns, frameworks according to business benefit, maintainability and delivery priorities and constrains.
• Maintaining agreed standards applicable to the work undertaken and ensuring that these, and other mandatory standards and architectures, are adhered to.
• Training and development of the technical and organisational skills of junior programmers.
• Analysing, estimating and prioritisation of tasks on daily basis
• Creating and refactoring programs in accordance with the design, following relevant code management procedures and applying agreed coding standards What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Experience developing medium to large Applications using different Cloud technologies like AWS, Openshift.
• Ability in spring boot, Rest API & Microservices.
• Experience in Containerised apps using Docker, Kubernetes. Skills that will help you in the role:
• Proven experience working in an Agile development methodology
• Experience with project management tools: Rally, JIRA, Confluence, Stash
• Proficient in native AWS services - EC2, ECS, EKS, S3, Lambda, ELB, Amazon API Gateway, Cloud watch & Elastic Beanstalk
• AWS DevOps Certification Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. This state-of-the art energy efficient building holds up to 2,500 staff. The office location is perfect for travel from the midlands and London alike as we are based just off the A45, it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.