Customer Service Associate
Customer Service Associate Northampton
As a Barclays Customer Service Associate based in Northampton, you will need to use your previous experience in a customer service or call centre role, to provide high quality service when responding to all queries or complaints that customers, solicitors or the Complaint Management services team may have about their Payment Protection Insurance claims.
You will be working full time hours, 35 hours per week. This role will be a day shift pattern from Monday to Friday with working hours between 8:00am to 8:00pm (on a rotational shift pattern). We will also need you to be available to work 1 in every 7 Saturdays from 8:00am - 13:00pm. This will be on a 3 month contract basis. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- You will be receiving inbound calls as necessary to obtain information from the customer to be able to build a full case history
- Effectively investigating and resolve customer complaints with varying degrees of complexity and know when to escalate complaints of a high degree of complexity and ambiguity
- Engaging and taking ownership of the complaint putting yourself in the customers shoes
- Capturing accurate information and details through the complaint handling process to allow effective analysis of the complaint in a timely manner
- Maintaining and manage individual tasks on a daily basis to ensure that complaint related tasks are dealt with effectively and within relevant timescales
- Clearly communicating requirements to other business areas when information is required to resolve complaints
- You will be provided with 6 weeks supported training to learn the basics and pass a formal accreditation. You will then go through a probationary period, receiving regular coaching and feedback on your performance.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Previous experience in delivering excellent customer service / contact centre or telephony experience is preferable
- Being autonomous, taking responsibility for your own workload
- Ability to work in a high-pressured and fast environment, with the ability to think on your feet
- Computer literate, including the Microsoft Office suite
Where will you be working?
- Customer Service Skills (face to face or telephony)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite
- Organizational and time management skills
Located in Brackmills industrial estate, the office is easily accessible by car and nearby train and bus routes. The office has an open plan, clean working environment with plenty of breakout areas, well lit with contemporary designs. The centre was constructed to make it as 'green' as possible. There is a canteen onsite as well as comfortable seating with vending machines and tea/coffee facilities.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details. Our Values
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it. Our Diversity
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals. Our Benefits
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.