DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives. We are looking for a talented Service Desk Manager to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
We have exciting opportunity to join our User Support Services (USS) Service Management Team. We're part of the wider service management community that supports the delivery and continuity of DWP's live service, for over 100,000 colleagues and more than 20 million customers.
We handle IT requests for the entire department and provide 24/7 expertise to manage and restore services whenever issues occur. We use a service management tool to log IT requests, incidents, changes and problem tasks, along with instant messaging, chat service, and telephony.
We help keep DWP products and services live, available and accessible for the millions of people who need them.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
We want you to lead our Real-Time Operations Team in the USS Level 1 Service Operations (L1SO) function.
This includes managing all resourcing, scheduling, workflow demand and forecasting, and early detection processes ensuring we have the right people, on the right channel, with the right skills, at the right time.
You'll manage a geographically diverse team to deliver across all Level 1 support channels including Telephony, Webchat, Self-Service/Triage, TechBar and Field Services.
Experience in leading a similar operation in a modern digital IT support environment with knowledge Service Now and the ITIL Framework is highly desirable.
As Real Time Manager you'll use performance measures to deliver to agreed targets in a cost effective and timely manner across all relevant functions. You will drive analysis and resolution of complex issues, and if that means pulling support in from the right place you will do it.
And you'll be part of a large, collaborative community of IT experts in DWP Digital, who share knowledge and expertise, and are committed to continuous development through experience and learning. Our teams have a passion and determination to deliver high-quality services which delight users, and meet operational needs.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need to show us in your application?
* Changing & Improving: work with others to identify areas for improvement and simplify processes and increase efficiency; increase efficiency needs to say use fewer resources.
* Service Reporting: leverages their data analytics skills to enhance business performance.
* Delivering at Pace: show a positive approach to keeping the whole team's efforts focused on the top priorities. Ensure the most appropriate resources are available for colleagues to use to do their job effectively.
* Communicating & Influencing: communicates in a straightforward, honest and engaging manner, choosing the best style to maximise understanding and impact. Share information as appropriate and check understanding & ensure that important messages are communicated with colleagues and stakeholders respectfully.
* Managing a Quality Service: demonstrate positive customer service by understanding the complexity and diversity of customer needs and expectations. Deliver a high quality, efficient and cost effective service by considering a broad range of methods for delivery. Create regular opportunities for colleagues, stakeholders, delivery partners and customers to help improve the quality of service.
* Displays detailed knowledge and understanding of Digital Products and Services: knowledge of a service management framework (e.g. ITIL) with previous experience of service management. Demonstrable experience of independently supporting and maintaining products and proven track record of implementation, negotiation and delivery with stakeholders at all levels.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in your choice of Blackpool, Newcastle-upon-Tyne,
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £40,666 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
* Flexible working
* Family friendly policies
* Volunteering and charitable giving
* Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
* Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
* Sports and social activities
* Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via