168907 | Senior Infrastructure Engineer | Newcastle Up to £64,589 We're looking for Network Security Infrastructure Engineersto join us on our Technology Services journey to service excellence.
168907 | Senior Infrastructure Engineer | Newcastle
Up to £64,589
DWP. Digital with Purpose
Technology Services provide the foundations upon which digital services for DWP are developed and operate. Our purpose is to deliver secure, effective, and cost-efficient digital infrastructure services and to run live IT operations that support DWP business objectives. We do this by putting users and quality of service at the heart of what we do.
Our team is made up of 1,500 colleagues working collaboratively across 10 portfolio-led teams in a fast-moving environment.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer with a background in Security you will be a skilled Practitioner and a role model in Infrastructure solutions. Responsible for ensuring best practices are adhered to across the department and guiding teams on how to deliver quality Infrastructure products. You will assist in the design of Infrastructure services in collaboration with Architecture and Engineering principles. With a focus on operational stability, robustness, resilience, availability, and quality you will be accountable for infrastructure solutions.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Experience in managing and coordinating delivery of IT security solutions and services within a large enterprise 24*7 operational business including with public and private cloud solutions.
- Experience of leading deliveries of market security technologies for example SIEM(Splunk), PUAM (CyberArk), Endpoint protection (Tanium and Fire-eye).
- Experience in security and technology risk management, incident handling and managing resolutions.
- Experience of industry policies, controls and standards including the NIST.
- Cybersecurity framework and how it is applied to track cybersecurity capability across an enterprise organisation or other comparable frameworks.
- Experience in delivering in accordance with technology security strategy and managing continuous service improvement.
- An exceptional and authentic leader, with the ability to build, inspire and engage their teams to deliver results even in times of ambiguity; to enjoy their contribution and to be proud of their achievements.
- Successful track record of delivering digitally enabled organisational transformation programmes, with an appreciation that change can provide opportunity for efficiency and innovation.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Proven experience of developing capability at an organisational and team level, through empowering, supporting and developing staff to achieve the highest performance standards.
- Strong track record of team working and developing stakeholder relationships; creating a wider ranging network of relationships across organisational boundaries that support collaborative working across teams or organisations to in order to achieve highly effective outcomes.
- A self-starter bringing their own energy, resilience and enthusiasm, to continually drive through improvements to the service provided to DWP.
- Strong financial acumen and a desire for and experience in delivering value for money.
- Strong commercial acumen and experience of managing third part service providers.
- Sees the bigger picture by taking groups of services, investigating how to get the best of underlying services.
- Communicate with others in a clear, honest and enthusiastic way in order to build trust. Explain complex issues in a way that is easy to understand. Consider people's individual needs. Deliver difficult messages with clarity and sensitivity, being persuasive when required. Consider the impact of the language used. Remain open-minded and impartial in discussions, whilst respecting the diverse interests and opinions of others. Introduce different methods for communication, including making the most of digital resources whilst getting value for money. Monitor the effectiveness of own and team communications and take action to improve where necessary.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in Blackpool, Manchester and Newcastle, whichever is most convenient for you.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £64,589 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities