We are looking for an experienced Project specialist, who is looking for an opportunity to embark on an exciting new project, managing the end-to-end lifecycle of the business system changes within the finance function. You will report directly into the Finance director, managing the schedule of business change projects, programmes of work and supporting engagement and collaboration across the business.
The perfect candidate:
- Significant project experience of embedding a new system or business change into business-as-usual
- Substantial demonstrable exposure of the people side of system implementation including a broad range of stakeholder communications
- Experience in responding and documenting new technical processes as they are agreed
- Experience in development and management of project budgets
- Demonstrable leadership qualities and inclusive attitude, good team worker
- Expertise in risk management, reporting and prioritisation.
- Collaborative, diplomatic and assertive with good influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience of working in a project management environment and delivering complex work at fast pace to a high standard.
- Organisation, influencing and problem-solving skills as well as a strong desire to make a difference
- Advanced communication and stakeholder engagement skills including the ability to influence more senior colleagues
What you will do:
- Develop and implement an approach to systems and business change management, governance and engagement to support the delivery of key finance projects and change programmes.
- Create, manage and deliver project work plans and ways of working to meet changing organisational needs and requirements, sharing and embedding these across the business
- Design and deliver major finance change projects including determining scope, timelines, budgets and risk management processes
- Liaising with the communications team and diverse groups of stakeholders to ensure effective communication and governance
- Coach, develop and influence project leads to ensure that projects are well designed, managed and resourced, that are translated into tangible deliverables in line with our strategic objectives
- Delivering progress reports, proposals, and other required documentation to various audiences, including project teams, internal and external sponsors and key stakeholders
- Work with the Lead Director of finance, senior leaders and relevant project leads to ensure that the programme portfolio is adequately governed, reported, monitored and planned, to deliver a successful outcome
- Line manage staff as appropriate in line with our values and policies
- Work with our finance team to ensure projects are appropriately costed, ensuring value for money and that efficiency savings can be realised
- Work within all current policies and procedures, including attending all mandatory training
- Take a key role in risk management.