Personal Tax Advisor
- Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom Newcastle upon Tyne England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Sep 18 2018-09-13
Job Title: Personal Tax Advisor - Newcastle Location: Newcastle, Birmingham, Exeter Taleo req no.: NEW00L89 Salary Level: Competitive
Due to the development of new teams, we have several opportunities for new people to join our Personal Tax Centre. This is a great place to start your career in Personal Tax, as you'll have a wide variety of clients and access to professional qualifications.
Do you want to be part of a fast growing team? The Personal Tax Centre in Newcastle provides personal taxation services to thousands of clients, in the UK and overseas, dealing with the UK tax affairs of employees, directors, partners, high net worth and high profile people. You will also have the opportunity to take industry recognised qualifications.
Continuing expansion means we are looking for people who will thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working with others and have good relationship building skills. Our entry level roles offer a competitive salary, the opportunity to work flexibly and excellent benefits.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Personal Tax Assistant we would expect you to effectively manage your allocated portfolio of clients, helping to prepare their tax returns and ensuring that all tax processing is compliant with current Tax laws. You will be building and managing relationships with your clients and colleagues, and providing support to other team members when necessary. You will also be dealing with the HM Revenue offices and other third parties on behalf of your clients. You will be expected to work collaboratively with people within your team and also in other EY offices, which can be in the U.K. or overseas.
Skills and Attributes for Success
- The ability to take your own initiative and work effectively alone as well as part of a team
- Being able to demonstrate professionalism and self-assurance
- Good attention to detail
- Computer literacy and being willing to learn how to use new systems
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate well to clients and managers within your team
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Ability to work flexibly when required
To qualify for the role you must have
- Financial services experience
- Willing to study towards a professional qualification
- Eligible to work in the U.K.
Ideally you'll also have
- Experience working in a professional environment is preferred but not essential
- An awareness of Personal Tax and how EY works with our clients
What we look for
We are looking for motivated professionals who are either taking their first step in their career journey or are wanting to change careers. We want people who are seeking an inspiring and stimulating career, who will go the extra mile to ensure that they meet client needs.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
- Visit our careers microsite for more information
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Start today, change tomorrow.