DWP. Digital with Purpose. We are looking for a talented Lead Site Reliability Engineer, working on some of the most exciting projects in the UK Up to £78,605 plus amazing pension and work life balance.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We are looking for an experienced, highly skilled Site Reliability Engineer to join our community of tech experts in DWP Digital as we deliver a once-in-a-generation transformation of the UK's biggest government department.
Are you up for leading an SRE challenge on an epic scale?
- We have 1bn lines of code in over 12000 code repos and 90+ programming languages. That's more lines of codes than there are calories in 7.2m Strawberry Delights (the one in the red wrapper in your chocolate variety box).
- We run around 294 days' worth of testing every day through automation. You could pretty much get a rocket to Mars in that time.
- Our APIs receive 173 million requests, and we spin up 280,000 AWS servers every month.
- The products and services we maintain and modernise will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives. Over 22 million people - 1/3 of the UK's adult population - access our services daily
The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
You'll be working as part of our multi-disciplinary Hybrid Cloud Services team, where you'll need all the depth and breadth of your development and operations experience.
You'll automate the oversight of complex systems at scale, covering a hybrid cloud environment of AWS, Azure, GCP, and OPH.
You'll systematically gather and analyse data to provide transparency into the operating environment. You'll reduce toil and human risk factors, and own and manage the error budget for any products in your area.
In Hybrid Cloud you'll actively support service offers including:
- Account Management & Security - native and commercial tooling
- CI/CD with Gitlab.com, Infrastructure as Code
- Automation to produce scalable adoption across the enterprise
- Containerisation using AKS
- Service Performance and Availability
- Network Connectivity
- Cloud Cost Optimisation
You'll collaborate with other SREs, across disciplines and wit business teams to ensure that everything DWP build is designed to operate. You'll lead on SRE and make sure our services are available, secure, and compliant and that DWP remains a trusted organisation for our users.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
Click apply and we'll redirect you to Civil Service Jobs. We'll ask you for a CV showing where you've worked and what you've worked on. We'll be looking for experience of:
- Release & Deployment: You can set the release policy for an organisation in the context of both development and production/operations.
- Programming & Build: You can credibly technical advice, set standards, and recommend for tool, techniques and develop methods for your team and stakeholders. You take responsibility for all the stages and iterations of a project.
- Modern Standards Approach: You have a good understanding and application of the most appropriate modern standards and practices. Takes responsibility for coaching and guiding others.
- Changing and Improving: You encourage, recognise, and share innovative ideas from a diverse range of colleagues and stakeholders. You give people space to take initiative and praise them for their creativity.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hub/s in Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle or Sheffield, whichever is most convenient for you.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £78,605, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours
- Up to 3 additional flexi days off per month
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.