22 million people use DWP services. We run automated tests with a run time equal to 294 days, every day. There's no bigger better place for a career in Test Engineering
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We have a brilliant opportunity for an emerging Engineer to join our Child Maintenance Service team.
Our aim is to improve children's lives through the provision of effective child maintenance arrangements. Our Digital experts help run and maintain products and services that improve the outcomes for children, by enabling parents to put in place and manage sustainable child maintenance arrangements in an efficient and convenient way.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. 22 million people use our services every day. We run automated tests with a run time equivalent to around 294 days, every day. It's a brilliant place to build your skills and your career in Engineering, as part of a supportive, learning community of practice. As working test engineer on the Children on-line tribe, you will be responsible for:
Your skills, knowledge and experience
- Collaborating and working effectively with the portal team.
- Creating automation scripts by using Selenium, TestNG, Maven and BDD with Cucumber and writing the test cases and scenarios in Gherkin language.
- Updating and executing regression test suites using Jenkins and Gitlab.
- Compatibility testing with Selenium and Browserstack to meet government standards.
- Accessibility testing using tools such as Wave and aXe.
You'll need to show us what you know about:
- Testing - Experience of Automation testing using Selenium and cucumber.
- Agile and lean Practices.
- Non-functional testing - Compatibility and accessibility testing.
- Test Analysis - planning execution and defect management.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join our team in our hub in Newcastle.
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We offer a competitive salary up to £34,285 and a brilliant civil service pension with contributions of around 27% and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours
- Up to 3 extra days off per month using flexi days
- Hybrid working with time in hubs and time working at home
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- At least 5 days per year Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.