DWP. Digital with Purpose. We are looking for a talented Infrastructure Engineer, working on some of the most complex and exciting projects in the UK Up to £45,000 plus amazing pension and work life balance.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We help people into work, and make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to work with us on the design and deployment of leading-edge cloud and intelligent automation technologies.
You'll join our community of tech experts in DWP Digital. We're driving a once-in-a-generation transformation of government services, using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies to create innovative, scalable and user-centric digital solutions.
The DWP products and services we maintain and modernise will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives. The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our scale and purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you'll be working on the design, development and implementation of cloud infrastructure solutions and intelligent automation processes using UiPath that will improve that decision making processes and overall efficiency of DWP services, positively impacting millions of UK citizens.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- EC2 - Instances, Autoscaling groups, Lifecycle Policies / Lifecycle Hooks.
- CloudFormation / Terraform Infrastructure as Code - Advanced Level template scripting, knowledge of parameters, functions, references, mappings. Autoscaling and Non-Autoscaling templates, CFN-Init.
- VPC - Creating and managing VPCs, Subnets, Security Groups (Firewall rules), Network ACLS. VPC Peering, AWS Privatelink and VPC Endpoints, Understanding of HA systems.
- Linux - OS - Basic knowledge of Amazon Linux 2, Bash - fundamental experience - Grep, Installing Packages, User Account Management. Operating Systems - Advanced Knowledge of Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016.
- HTTPS/Certificates/SSL/Mutual SSL - Understanding and experience of applying certificates, knowledge of modern encryption techniques.
- Live Service Management - Understanding of the importance of running a business critical production environment - ability to carefully follow change management process. Understanding of SRE principals and standards. Expertise of DevOps principals, good knowledge of incident management / change management, Knowledge of GIT - branching strategies, merging, push, pull requests etc.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Newcastle.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £45,000 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.