DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's biggest government department. We help people into work, and make payments worth over £195bn a year to support millions of daily users.
DWP Digital is brilliant place to grow your skills and your career. Together we're driving a once-in-a-generation transformation of government services, using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies to create innovative, scalable and user-centric digital solutions.
We are looking for a Data Engineer - specifically a BI Developer - to work with us on the development of powerful data visualisation, and data insights, that will drive design and creation of innovative data products.
These in turn will drive better decisions and help us build better services for our users - basically everyone in the UK at some point in their lives.
The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our scale and purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Data. Work. Projects.
As a BI Developer working in DWP's groundbreaking Intelligent Automation Garage you'll be utilising cutting-edge technologies to deliver exceptional data products.
You'll use your experience of BI development to collate, organise and visualise data.
That means using Power BI to create powerful insights as well as being part of the rapid production of prototyping, continuous improvement and 3rd line support of data products.
You'll also have the opportunity to develop your skills with leading and emerging technologies, gaining foundational certifications as well as access to self-development platforms and coaching/mentoring from a diverse community of data professionals.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
* Designs and develops dashboards, reports and visualisations.
* Skilled at engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders and colleagues to foster collaboration, innovation to drive tangible business value.
* Able to translate technical concepts into non-technical language and understands the appropriate media to communicate findings.
* Experience with one or more BI/MI Tools. For example Qlik / Power BI / Business Objects etc
* Understanding of data modelling and database design concepts.
* A working knowledge and experience of SQL scripting.
* Awareness of cloud technologies and key services (AWS/Azure/GCP).
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Newcastle.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly. We work a hybrid model with 60% home working.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £55,666.
We offer a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%. For a starting salary of £40,000, we'd put nearly £11,000 in your pension pot each year).
You'll also get a generous leave package starting at 26 days and rising to 31. You can take up to 3 extra days off a month using your flexi time.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
* Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days off
* Hybrid working: 40% in a hub with the team, 60% home working
* Family-friendly policies
* Time off volunteering, and charitable giving
* Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
* Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
* Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
* Sports and social activities
* Working in an award-winning environment and culture
* Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.