Assistant Investment Manager
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Rathbone Brothers Plc
- 23 Jan 18 2018-01-23
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Investment Manager to join an established team of Investment Managers at our Rathbones Newcastle office and to assist them in the care of client portfolios.
We are looking for an Assistant Investment Manager with a support role background from the Wealth Management or Investment Management industries. The Newcastle office itself is situated in the City centre, on Grey Street; since it opened in 2013 the office has doubled in size. The successful candidate will join this growing investment team and benefit from a development plan which will include skills development in investment selection, portfolio management, client service and acquisition in order to become a fully qualified Investment Manager, managing their own client base.
Some relocation support will be offered for the right candidate.
- To assist Investment Managers with the care of client portfolios and client relationships to the highest possible standard
- Support the Investment Managers with the daily administration of portfolios and accounts
- Monitor and review client portfolios to determine their suitability, investment performance and tax considerations
- Have experience in a client orientated role within the Financial Services, Investment or Wealth Management industry
- Hold a minimum level 4, RDR compliant qualification (Investment Advice Diploma or IMC and CFA level 1)
- Be part way through or have completed a level 7 qualification (CISI Chartered Wealth Manager Qualification or CFA)
- Have a keen interest in investment and investment products
- Have an understanding and appreciation of the regulatory environment in which we operate
- Have career aspirations to become an Investment Manager
- A 2.1 or above degree
Rathbone Brothers Plc, through its subsidiaries, is one of the UK’s leading providers of investment management services for individuals, charities and professional advisers. Key facts about Rathbone Brothers Plc:
- FTSE 250 listed company
- A heritage dating back to 1742
- 15 offices across the UK including an offshore presence in Jersey
- 280 experienced investment professionals
- £39.1 billion of funds under management*
- Over 48,000 clients
Rathbone Investment Management is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Our success and reputation is built on the simple, but increasingly rare, commitment to superior client service as well as state-of-the-art administrative systems. We provide a whole-of-market and objective perspective on the management of investments and this, together with direct access to an investment manager, results in an investment portfolio that will meet individual client requirements.
*as at 31 December 2017, (funds under management also include funds managed by Rathbone Unit Trust Management