- Mountsorrel, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Making banking easier for all of our customers We have an exciting opportunity to join our Indirect Tax Team based in Carlton Park as a Senior Indirect Tax Professional.
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Indirect Tax Team based in Carlton Park as a Senior Indirect Tax Professional.
The team is responsible for Tax compliance, - production of VAT returns and other Indirect tax returns, base data for VAT payments, and dealing with HMRC correspondence including drafting replies as appropriate.
As a Senior Indirect Tax Professional you will be assisting in the preparation of quarterly VAT and other Indirect tax returns together with assessing business transactions and analysing projects to determine and advise on the most appropriate VAT treatment.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Senior Indirect Tax Professional your main responsibilities will be
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly VAT returns and other Indirect tax returns. Helping to ensure that all returns are completed on a timely basis
- Supporting the preparation of responses to HMRC correspondence in relation to companies within the Santander UK group
- Responsibility for the preparation of numbers required for VAT payments to HMRC within the required deadlines
- Responsibility for ensuring, through monthly reconciliations, the integrity of the VAT numbers within the financial records
- Advising the business and assisting the Senior Manager Indirect Tax on the Indirect Tax impact of projects and other initiatives as required.
Minimum skills and experience required
- AAT or ATT qualification
- Sound knowledge and experience of indirect tax legislation and experience in dealing with the VAT compliance cycle - HMRC returns, payments, correspondence and face to face meetings
- Ability to analysis and explain technical tax concepts concisely, clearly and in a non-jargonistic manner - both in verbal and written format
- Professional and credible communicator - ability to forge good working relationships at all levels, including tax authorities and external advisors
- Good time management skills with a proven ability to deliver results in a proactive 'self-starter' manner
Salary is £35,000 - £40,000 basic
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You'll be working in our Carlton Park offices just outside of Leicester city centre in Narborough. With a restaurant, coffee shop, Santander branch and free parking on site, well known childcare facility and gym nearby, it offers something for everyone.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.