Grow with a company that puts customers first We have an exciting opportunity for a SQL Developer to join our team in Milton Keynes.
The role holder will be a part of the Remediation and Regulatory Data and Analytics team, supporting the data analysis and management information needs of the Remediation and Regulatory projects teams and PPI complaint operational areas.
As a SQL Developer you will help to expand the existing data warehouse, reporting through MS SSRS and Tableau, specifically looking at KPI's such as inflows, closures, uphold rates etc.
You will play an active part in analysing complex data sets from legacy systems and the Bank's core Data Lake. You will be responsible for building remediation populations and data driven efficiency improvements, designing and implementing solutions as required.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a SQL Developer your main responsibilities will be
- Supporting the Development Management Team to produce and spec build estimates, identifying resource and technology requirements
- Actively identify improvement opportunities and process improvements in development delivery; designing and implementing data solutions to increase efficiency and reduce manual effort
- Supporting and mentoring the wider Development Team, managing departmental workloads and individual project deliverables
- Expanding the current data warehouse to plug data gaps and support new reporting requirements
- Understanding business requirements and pro-actively respond to demonstrate added value available by MI reporting
- Reviewing and analysing MI produced, providing conclusions in respect of key trends and implementing internal controls / key risk indicators
- Reviewing data and reporting framework, recommending more effective ways to present information and creating new reports to assist the management decision
Minimum skills and experience required Specialist in SQL server Experienced in gathering development requirements and producing build estimates Extensive SQL Server experience and Data warehousing experience (preferred Kimball) Data modelling experience as well as Management Information experience in a Financial Services environment Advanced Excel skills, MS Analysis Services (Both Tabular and Multidimensional) and reporting tools (preference of Tableau & SSRS)
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You'll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.