- Negotiable GBP
- Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Making banking easier for all of our customers
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Consultant - Process & User Design to join our team in Milton Keynes.
Working within a fast paced environment you will be responsible for the end to end process and user experience design for projects that impact Retail Mortgage Customers. As the Business Consultant, you will support the early development of ideas, research analysis and design, whilst engaging with end-users to facilitate a process of iterative design / continuous improvement as you build out the end to end process and user journey.
This position sits within the Mortgage Process Design and Change function within the Retail and Business Banking Mortgage Division, which plays an important role in the continual improvement of business processes, user journeys, operational efficiency and customer service propositions, moving Santander UK to being one of the most efficient banks in the UK.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Business Consultant - Process & User Design your main responsibilities will be:
- Creating detailed and thorough as-is analysis of different products and processes where they don't exis
- Utilising appropriate UX research methods to engage users, analyse feedback and to iteratively enhance the solution
- Creating low and high fidelity prototypes to support testing and demonstrate the solution to project stakeholders
- Working directly with users and product owners to fully understand the requirements and ensure this is validated with users prior to the creation of any design artefacts
- Engaging with primary users and other external project stakeholders (e.g. design community) to design to-be processes and UI designs that focus on the user
- Working closely with the development team to support and create the solution, displaying good communication and relevant methods to deliver UI design
- Input into the process of creating user stories and acceptance criteria alongside the rest of the team to ensure effective UAT of the solution
- Support in the development of colleagues in user design techniques
Minimum skills and experience required
- Ability to understand the limitations and opportunities provided by Digital channels such as internet and mobile
- Ability to collect, analyse and condense complex and dispersed information
- Experience using rapid prototype tools (such as Axure), running user tests and analysis to inform decision in the design and development of software
- Experience of developing wireframes, user journeys, prototypes and UI designs as part of an overall solution design using tools such as Sketch & inVision
- Working to accessibility standards, including WCAG and knowledge of accessibility obligations in the UK
- Previous experience with Retail and Business Banking products and processes
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private Medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.