Lead Policy Analyst
Why apply for this role?
Risk is now firmly at the heart of every single financial services company, and that's where you'll be when you join the team. Helping to manage risk for one of the UK's leading banks is an exciting and rewarding place to develop your risk management skills.
In this high-profile role, you'll be involved in managing and delivering projects totalling £m's benefit per annum within the Retail Secured Credit Risk team.
What you'll be doing
- Proposing, communicating changes to credit risk policy and controls and providing support to business areas across the mortgage life cycle
- Maintaining high standards of governance and control whilst supporting business growth
- Managing and coordinating Secured Credit Risk governance requirements, including the- management of specific department operational risk
- Ensuring that incidents and issues, both realised and potential, are identified quickly and escalated immediately
- Maintaining a wide knowledge and understanding of industry issues and external market developments to support regulatory developments and changes
What we're looking for
- Experience of working in a lending environment or governance and control function in either a line 1 or 2 business unit
- Good educational background with strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to articulate complex issues
- Proven track record of delivering to timescales, whether as part of a team or individually, with sound attention to detail across multiple workstreams
- Proactive and responsive with an ability to influence key stakeholders and to communicate clearly with colleagues of all levels across the business
- Awareness of mortgage market with an appreciation of the rules and regulations that govern the mortgage industry and which can impact Secured Credit Risk policy and controls
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs..
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.