About The Role
Do you love solving complex design problems with a user-centered approach? Do you enjoy working collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams?
Well, we are looking for a Junior UX Designer to join our team on a permanent basis, so keep reading
People are at the center of everything we do. We support and grow the people we work with and come together as a community to solve problems.
We're building a community of extraordinary people who will break new barriers, evangelize what User Experience can do. If you're passionate about UX methods and integrating user research to the design process and the product development. you could join our growing team of UX.
We're looking for a Junior User Experience designer who is passionate about what they can bring to delivering better services for our clients across the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) platform. Your outputs will play a critical role within every UX project you'll be involved in, working collaboratively across the entire Product, Analytics, UX Design and Research team to gather customer insights to inform design solutions. You will also work alongside more experienced User Researchers to plan, manage and carry out research, learning a range of user research methods, including usability testing, conducting stakeholder workshops, design sprints, contextual research interviewing and creating meaningful solutions.
Your Main Day-to-day Responsibilities Will Include
- Work in collaboration with other designers in planning and conducting stakeholder workshops, interviews, user research and usability testing to inform the design and development of the product.
- Creating and enhancing user flows, user personas, feature trees, low to high fidelity wireframes.
- Conducting stakeholder interviews and facilitating workshops to uncover useful insights. by utilizing cognitive science with UX methodology.
- Create mockups and visuals to present ideas to wider team
- Be able to make informed decision by utilizing knowledge of coding and emerging technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An open, flexible and adaptable mindset to cope with a rapidly changing set of tasks
- Willingness to keep up to date with software applications and new techniques in a rapidly evolving industry
- Excellent problem -solving approach
- To be a concept thinker with a keen interest and willingness
- Be able to understanding stakeholder priorities whilst maintaining a user-centred approach
- An aptitude for using a logical approach to ensure designs are user friendly and intuitive for the end user
- A high level of concentration and resilience to stay focused
- An advocate of user experience who can challenge the assumption and validate them
- the ability to relate well to other professionals and work in a specialist team
- We are looking for a minimum 2 years relevant work experience. We will love to see your portfolio and your approach to solving digital problems.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.