UKIT RPA Developer
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PwC UK
- 19 Apr 19
UKIT RPA Developer
The UKIT RPA team is focused on delivering RPA solutions to internal PwC Lines of Service (LoS), whilst supporting other RPA teams across the UK firm with best practices and standards. The team is also heavily involved in the wider PwC RPA communities, providing advice and guidance to both new & existing RPA teams.
The team is made up of both Business Analysts and Developers, whom work very closely together and in some cases individuals rotate responsibilities on a sprint basis.
Involved from process refinement through to hypercare, RPA developers are key players in providing sustainable solutions to our customers.
About the role
The RPA Developer will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the business analysts to evaluate processes and make recommendations with regard to their potential and suitability for RPA, and work effort estimation
- Create and maintain the Solution Design Document (SDD) including detailed RPA solution process flows, process and technical specification
- Design and develop RPA solutions in line with best practices and standards put forth by the Development Lead
- Apply agile practices and principles to maximise business value, and continuously improve the delivery of the best customer outcomes
- Support the RPA Development Lead in the creation and ongoing refinement of a tailored Framework that provides the optimum platform for rapid and repeatable delivery of automated processes
- Lead the investigation and detailed analysis of RPA incidents and process exceptions including a strategic approach to root cause analysis (primarily during Hypercare period)
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of automation technologies
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error
- The ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an enquiring mind
- Highly motivated and resilient, and able to adapt to change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrable record of presenting technical details to a non-technical audience
Who we're looking for
- Has a problem solving mindset
- Has experience of the full SDLC
- Has excellent understanding of Agile
- Is keen interest in technology innovation
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity