As a Barclays Technology Sourcing Manager, your primary focus will be on executing deals, predominantly within IT Services categories, where you will provide category knowledge to manage commercial negotiations with third parties, and liaise with key business users to ensure favourable commercial terms which mitigate business risk. In your new capacity, you will be supporting the development of strategy to execute deals in a lean and optimal way.
What will you be doing?
- Delivering deals for Group Technology with third parties; supporting category strategy, optimising supplier costs, whilst maintaining appropriate service levels and minimising risk
- Leading negotiations with suppliers to ensure value for money and associated cost savings, issuing and managing RFIs and RFPs, meeting business and commercial requirements
- Liaising with the Legal team for the negotiation of large agreements to ensure favourable contractual terms and to mitigate key risks
- Collaborating with other members of the IT Services sourcing team, supporting delivery against team sourcing and category objectives
- Ensuring SLAs are in place with our suppliers of key high value projects through internal governance and controls to completion
- Interacting at a senior level both internally and externally across Barclays business units globally, possessing strong interpersonal skills to drive and deliver successful outcomes
- Executing all projects in accordance with policy and evidenced by management assurance testing results
- Maintaining all data and documentation as required with a high degree of accuracy, as evidenced by data quality tool reporting
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience of leading sourcing projects within a complex environment
- Development of established category plans creating sub-category plans/ pipeline of opportunities, leading Simple/ Medium complexity RFPs
- Good level of understanding of commercial law and negotiation of complex contracts
- Stakeholder management – working at Managing Director level
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Proven experience of leading sourcing projects within the technology category
- Knowledge of the procurement of Technology services
- Holding a CIPS diploma or a degree
- Experience working within Financial Services/ large complex organisations
Where will you be working?
This opportunity offers a level of flexibility in terms of location. The successful candidate must be based at one of our strategic locations of Manchester, Knutsford, Northampton, or Glasgow, as these are the main operating locations for the Procurement teams.