Our People Advisory Services business (PAS) is focused on people management and our vision is to help our clients get it right in all its facets - reward management, global mobility, HR transformation, legislative compliance and much more. PAS has three key pillars: Mobility, Reward and Workforce Advisory.
In Mobility, we help our clients manage the complex compliance, reporting and risks inherent in deploying a globally mobile workforce.
As part of the global team, this group benefits from strategic investment in a number of its businesses and forecasts significant growth in the short to medium term.
Working in the Mobility Advisory team at EY offers fantastic opportunities to develop client relationships early on in your career, and to be involved in the day to day delivery and management of relationships across a broad range of issues, above and beyond the UK tax compliance cycle. We are looking to grow our Expatriate Tax Advisory team with a Manager who can deliver high quality Mobility advisory services to clients that dovetail with a manageable portfolio of compliance obligations for a small number of specific accounts. The primary objective of this role, however, is both advisory and market focussed.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Responsible for day-to-day delivery of client liaison
- Key member of one of the client service groups providing full tax services to a client portfolio.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to coach and motivate others
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
To qualify for this role, you must have
- Experience as an expatriate tax practitioner
- A second language is beneficial
Ideally, you'll also have
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.