Solution Architect for Private Markets
This Solution Architect position provides technical design within the Financial Service Solution division responsible for the end to end design and delivery of IHS Markit's Private Markets software focused on financial data management. The role is responsible for working with the CTO and a global team of Engineers in support of this mission, with additional support from the wider technology organization. The ideal applicant will have an organized and creative mind-set (thought leader) that drives him or her to find innovative solutions to common problems with the right toolset. They will be passionate about technology and have a self-driven interest to keep up with the latest technology developments and relate them to the current product landscape.
Duties & accountabilities
- Assist the CTO in defining the strategic architectural for Financial Services Solutions group
- Facilitate system design and changes in system architecture to meet
- Maintain current knowledge of technology landscape and developments
- Focus on cloud enablement to increase ROI and create new business opportunities
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics of managed products
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity
- Mentor team on technology and other work-related aspects.
- Responsibility for quality of all deployed applications and services
- Drive innovation and adaption of best practices.
Education and experience
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant real world experience
- 12+ years of development experience building enterprise software or platforms in a financial environment (still hands on)
- At least 10+ years of experience leading technology teams
- Ability to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Should have excellent architecture and design skills
- Strong understanding of and ability to apply architectural patterns
- Deep and practical understanding of modern distributed architecture design
- Expert on DBMS technologies (RMDBS, NoSQL, etc)
- Strong background on leveraging cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Focus on Microsoft stack, but knowledgeable on cross-platform tech
- Can handle both front-end and backend architectural design
- Preferably has experience in financial software development.
- 10+ years of managing medium to large development teams.
- Passionate technologist
- Thought leader with focus on delivery
- Displays energy, drive and stamina
- Analytical and can work with the business stakeholder's daily
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.