Software Engineering Team Lead
C#/Full Stack Software Engineer - Team Lead
The role is responsible for working with a global team of Engineers in support of this mission, with additional support from the wider technology organization. Duties & accountabilities:
The teams are small and friendly and democratic and everyone is encouraged to contribute to their success.
Education and experience
- Leading a team of Senior and Junior Developers
- Facilitate system design and changes in system architecture for the enterprise data platform
- Maintain current knowledge of technology landscape and developments
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Mentor team on technology and other work-related aspects.
- Responsibility for quality of all deployed applications and services
- Drive innovation and adaption of best practices.
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline, or equivalent qualification.
- 7+ years of development experience building enterprise software or platforms in a financial environment
- .Net/.Net Core C# 5+ years
- Angular 2 or equivalent 5+ years
- TDD experience is a must
- Proven experience leading an Agile team
- Preference given to candidates that have experience working with Microservices
- Expert on data management technologies (RMDBS, NoSQL)
- Good background on leveraging cloud technologies
- Should have good architecture and design skills
- Focus on Microsoft stack, but knowledgeable on cross-platform tech
- Can handle both front-end and backend development
- Ability to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.