Senior Specialist Technical Architect
- GBP40000 - GBP57275 per annum
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 03 Oct 18
The Senior Technical Specialist Architect is a key role to ensure the Department makes the best use of existing technology and makes considered decisions about future technology investments required to transform the Departments technology architecture
We're looking for talented Senior Technical Specialist Architect's to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies - and putting the user at the centre of everything we do - we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You & your role
This role presents an exciting opportunity to work with Digital leaders within the department and across government as part of the 17,000 strong Digital Data and Technology profession.
The Senior Technical Specialist Architect is a key role to ensure the Department makes the best use of existing technology and makes considered decisions about future technology investments required to transform the Departments technology architecture.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Specialist Architects in these four specific architecture domains:
Systems Management, Security, Applications, & Integration
Skills & Experience - What are we looking for?
- You will have practical understanding and implementation experience of at least one of the following tooling areas:
- Application Performance Monitoring including User Experience Monitoring
- Synthetic Transaction Monitoring
- Algorithmic IT Operations
- Enterprise scale Monitoring solutions
- IT Service Management ToolingYou are able to establish common standardised tooling services, patterns, and domain guidance.
- You deliver tooling selections based on outcomes and business needs.
- You have an ability to keep up to date with emerging IT trends and evolving tooling opportunities.
- You can communicate new market concepts, strategies, ideas and plans to a wide range of stakeholder groups across all levels of the organisation
The successful candidate will be a recognised professional in the security community, holding relevant certifications and memberships in at least one of the following:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Membership of the Institute of Information Security Professionals (M.InstISP)
- Chartered Member of the British Computer Society (MBCS-CITP)TOGAFCESG
- Certified Professional (CCP) Lead IA Architect).
- You will have experience of defining security architecture strategy and developed security architectures against a backdrop of competing business, security and privacy requirements.
- You've participated in the development of hardware, software and network security procedures and guidelines in support of security policies.
- Experience of defining and implementing technical controls frameworks and IT security lead.
Successful candidates must be willing to undergo appropriate security clearance (SC or DV).
- You've developed a broad IT experience with an in depth understanding of some or all of the following areas - application design & development, application tooling, methods, integration, infrastructure, data and security.
- You have a background from a very senior developer/ architect with a wide range of programming, design and architecture experience
- You've got xcellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to see beyond the obvious, with the ability to break down complex problems into manageable subcomponents.
- You have proven experience in designing, documenting and implementing end to end IT solutions having applied best practices using design patterns, integration patterns and other industry standards.
- You're able to balance the business needs with the best technical approach to achieve the most optimal solution.
- You collaborate with and provides guidance/input to Solution Architects to define technology roadmaps, and ensure consistency with the technology roadmaps.
- You manage the consistency of Solution Architectures and Designs that cross multiple business applications and Technology Domains.
- You possess expert depth and breadth of knowledge regarding multiple technologies and their inter-relationships.
- Have previous IT experience in solutions or enterprise architecture roles with a focus on designing and implementing Integration solutions.
- Have defined strategies and roadmaps for middleware and complex integration systems including a range of messaging, File transfer and queuing systems.
- Develop and defined the integration and deployment patterns in a complex environment with a variety of combination of channels and host systems.
- Have demonstrable experience of:- API Gateway management
- API management
- API (restful & SOAP) with JSON and XML payloads
- Enterprise service bus technologies
- ETL technologies and processes
- Bulk File transfer technologies
Where You'll Work
You'll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in either Blackpool, Manchester. Each site hosts a modern, vibrant workplace where provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
We're right in the centre of the city on St Peter's Square with the best of Manchester on our doorstep. You will not be stuck for lunch options. In Blackpool, we're less central but we share a beautiful site with wild birds, rabbits and, in the pond, koi carp. The view out of the window is not bad.
We're the UK's biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £57,275 per annum, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
For further information click apply or contact .uk