Senior Risk Analyst
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom Manchester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
We're looking for a Senior Risk Analyst to join us in Manchester
- You'll be providing insight on debt and risk trends that help us manage risk against strategic objectives and appetites
- You'll be utilising your accuracy and attention to detail to carry out impairment calculations across the bank, and getting involved in the delivery of analysis and communication to stakeholders
- The work you do will help us to influence business decisions across the credit risk cycle
- This role is available for a period of six months
What you'll do
You'll manage the impairment forecast for the corporate book and support the IFRS9 project. Working with key stakeholders in Risk and Finance, you'll support the delivery of corporate credit impairment loss and provisions forecasting, including sensitivity analysis, and the review and challenge of stress scenarios across Corporate portfolios.
Additionally, your role will involve:
- Carrying out impairment forecast calculations
- Developing excellent reporting and value adding MI to support the impairment calculations and analysis
- Understanding the key drivers of impairment trends, while ensuring performance and emerging issues are communicated and understood
- Working with Finance, Risk and Capital Management to ensure an integrated approach to budgeting and forecasting across the Profit & Loss account and balance sheet
The skills you'll need
Knowledge of impairment would be ideal, but is not essential. While you may have a finance related degree or equivalent qualification, it's your highly analytical mindset and passion for numbers and accuracy that will really make this role right for you.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Strong SAS and Excel skills
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to confidently present detailed analysis effectively
- Attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving
- The ability to identify issues and trends from a variety of sources to contribute to recommendations and solutions
- Experience in data driven analysis with a clear focus on excellence
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.