Senior QA Automation Tester
Senior QA Automation Tester Department overview:
The Quality Assurance team comprises of highly skilled and experienced testing professionals located in Europe and India. The team supports and ensures high quality of software in being responsible that software functionality conforms to business requirements using a combination of manual and technical testing techniques. The team is also responsible for verifying technical aspects of the implementation including the performance and scalability of the platform. Position summary
IHS Markit is seeking an experienced Automation Test Lead to join the Manchester team. This position will involve being hands-on and has strong knowledge of automation and more specifically building test frameworks. We are seeking a candidate that can lead, provide thought leadership, work in an agile and collaborative manner that is passionate about technology. As a leading member of the QA team you should be able to define the next level of Test automation.
- You should have a proven experience in designing, configuring and implementing automation test frameworks.
- Proven experience is creating and delivering the Automation Test Strategy.
- Can guide and troubleshoot an established and high performing automation team.
- Solid experience in Test Automation Tool / Frameworks for example: Cucumber / Protractor.
- Solid experience in implementing CI/CD for Test automation suites preferably in AWS.
- Practical experience with Service Layer API Testing.
- Excellent programming skills, communication skills, systematic and creative problem-solving skills.
This position will involve a hands-on test build /execution role. Duties & accountabilities
- Work with the QA Manager to meet automation test requirements to the highest standards.
- Design Automation test strategies, test frameworks based on user requirements.
- Help and assist other products with technical choices and define the next level for the present technical solutions.
- Candidate should possess a motivating attitude and be passionate about building great automation solutions.
- Experience of writing automated tests for APIs Rest or gRPC.
- Experience of working with Node Package Manager.
- Experience of working with source control systems like (Git Hub) or equivalent and working alongside a Development team.
- Experience of working with Cucumber to run automated acceptance tests written in a behaviour-driven development (BDD) style.
- Understanding of how to write test cases which are concise and readable using Gherkin.
- Understanding of what can make end-to-end tests fragile / brittle, and what techniques make for more resilient and low-maintenance end-to-end tests.
- Ability to talk with Developers, Product Specialists and raise any issues encountered in creating tests for the application to find the best solution, rather than operating with a silo mentality.
Education and experience
- Knowledge and experience of OMS Systems and financial markets
- Using TypeScript.
- Business Driven Development methodology (BDD).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a globally distributed software development team.
- Knowledge and awareness of Non-Functional performance testing.
- A technical graduate.
- Solid technical background in implementing object-oriented systems.
- Experience with advanced programming.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.