Senior Marketing Manager, North-West, Manchester, FTC - 12 months
Deloitte's Clients & Industries (C&I) approach is aligned with the firm's overall strategy of being the undisputed leader in professional services.
This approach starts by thinking about the client and ensures that all client experiences are integrated, focused, insightful and bespoke.
To enable the delivery of the C&I approach, the C&I Lead is the primary interface with the business, providing strategic direction and advice to the respective leadership Partners.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
In the North-West (NW) region, a Clients & Industries Lead (Senior Manager) is required to lead our NW C&I team.
Working as part of an integrated strategy team, you will be responsible for shaping the focus and direction of the internal and external marketing strategy and tactical client programme for our North-West business. This will involve developing opportunities for Partners and Directors to regularly access our clients or targets, building long-term relationships and sharing key insights through our C&I activities.
You will be required to create and deliver against the regional marketing and business development plan, to include a suite of activity which directly supports the key client programme in the region. This includes specific focus on individual client relationships, in addition to enhancing the profile of the firm in the external market.
You will lead a team of two people, as well as owning and directing a third party agency relationship, to ensure that the plan is executed in a highly efficient and effective manner whilst responding to the needs of our clients.
You will be required to advise, guide and support the Partner group in outlining a best practice marketing and communications plan whilst engaging firm-wide assets, resources and networks in order to deliver this.
Specific responsibilities include:
Your work, your choice
- Own and lead the strategic direction of the NW C&I team, to directly support revenue growth, strengthen relationships and networks and raise market/brand profile.
- Create a single integrated plan for the business by bringing together all aspects of C&I, e.g. Marketing Strategy, Marketing Delivery, Client Experience, Digital or Insights. Take accountability for oversight of delivery of specific initiatives to deliver the plan.
- Act as the primary interface with the business on C&I activity for the region, providing direction and advice to the respective Partners and stakeholders, bringing to bear the 'best of C&I' to do so.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships across the NW Senior Leadership Team and wider NW partner group; develop strong, professional relationships with this group, managing their expectations throughout the year.
- Lead the finance, budgetary and reporting responsibility for all regional marketing & BD activity.
- Directly line manage the NW Marketing Manager and NW Client Portfolio Manager, supporting their growth and personal development, overseeing their daily responsibilities in line with the strategic direction of the team.
- Collaborate with service line and industry colleagues to feed into the development and planning of campaigns, drive local delivery of specific service line/industry initiatives relevant to our key client programme. Engage with the wider C&I community (agency, creative studio, digital, PR, brand etc) as well as C&I Leads for other relevant dimensions, in order to deliver the plan.
- Be the 'voice of the client' within region, including developing relationships where appropriate with key stakeholders in the marketplace. Understand the firm's strategic business issues, provide expert advice, influence, challenge and inspire senior partners.
- Leading by example, demonstrate a deep understanding of the NW region, including competitor activity, growth areas and influencers in the region.
- Work with peer regional C&I Leads to identify opportunities on a pan-regional basis, to share best practice and create synergies in delivery and implementation. Take a lead role on pan-regional campaigns and projects.
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Based out of the Manchester office with responsibility for all marketing and business development activity related to clients being served from the Manchester, Liverpool & Isle of Man offices. Occasional domestic travel.
Work pattern: This is a full time 12 months fixed term contract opportunity.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
Your service line: Internal Services
- Excellent communication skills are necessary - in particular a high level of written and spoken English. Must be capable of interacting with client board members, other senior clients, senior Deloitte partners and external senior advisors
- Influencing skills - as a specialist adviser to the partnership, the post holder will need to be able to put his/her views across clearly and have the confidence to challenge senior people whilst demonstrating the ability to communicate with clarity, brevity and impact.
- Demonstrate a strong level of emotional intelligence, experience of managing complex situations successfully.
- Ability to develop strong and effective relationships with senior stakeholders and C&I team members.
- Creativity and the ability to work collaboratively to reach innovative solutions
- Ability to interpret and develop an understanding of technical subject matter
- Client focused
- Strategic thinker who can identify strategic themes/issues for the various Deloitte audiences
- Ability to effectively manage a large number of marketing and business development activities and delivery via a number of specialists
- Ability to deal with a degree of ambiguity and use own initiative
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Extensive marketing and business development experience ideally within a professional services environment
- Consulting with senior stakeholders
- Setting out a clear vision and direction
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of integrated marketing and business development plans
- Line management of people including recruitment, appraising and development
- Degree and/or CIM qualified
- Proven track record of working in a complex, matrix or multi-faceted environment
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS BAMKTG
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 173525