Senior Full Stack Developer (.NET Core)
Senior Full Stack Developer (.NET Core), Manchester Position summary:
This Senior Software Engineer position provides technical design and development within the Financial Markets Technology division responsible for the end to end design and delivery of IHS Markit's Enterprise Data Management (EDM) software focused on financial data management. The role is responsible for working with a global team of Engineers in support of this mission, with additional support from the wider technology organisation. The ideal applicant will have an organised and creative mind-set (thought leader) that drives him or her to find innovative solutions to common problems with the right toolset. They will be passionate about technology and have a self-driven interest to keep up with the latest technology developments and relate them to the current product landscape Duties & accountabilities:
The role involves working as a software developer in an Agile Scrum team, reporting to the Head of Development. The teams are small and friendly and democratic, and everyone is encouraged to contribute to the success of the team. We can offer support and growth opportunities for more junior candidates and complex technical challenges for more experienced applicants.
Education and experience:
- Leading a team of Senior and Junior Developers
- Facilitate system design and changes in system architecture for the enterprise data platform
- Maintain current knowledge of technology landscape and developments
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Mentor team on technology and other work-related aspects.
- Responsibility for the quality of all deployed applications and services
- Drive innovation and adaption of best practices.
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline, or equivalent qualification.
- 7+ years of development experience building enterprise software or platforms in a financial environment
- .Net/.Net Core C# 5+ years
- Angular 2 or equivalent (eg ReactJS) 5+ years
- TDD experience is a must
- Proven experience leading an Agile team
- Candidates that have experience working with Microservices are preferable
- Expert on data management technologies (both RMDBS and NoSQL)
- Have worked on challenging and complex problem domains
- Good background on leveraging cloud technologies
- Should have good architecture and design skills
- Focus on Microsoft stack, but knowledgeable on cross-platform tech
- Can handle both front-end and back-end development
- Ability to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.