SecDevOPS ED Role for Bladerunner Splitout
Development teams across the Financial Services Solutions group rely on infrastructure, operations, automation and integration specialists to build, test and deploy their code securely, efficiently and safely. As a SecDevOps Lead operating across the Financial Services Solutions group, you will drive our SecDevOps transformation and help change mindsets and move ownership of these technical aspects to the development teams. Your team will help grow DevOps and cloud capabilities within the development teams across the Financial Services Solutions group by assessing current capabilities, building on them and feeding back by creating reusable solutions in a continuous improvement program. You should be able to manage your time effectively being technically hands on and management activities such as discussing requirements from stakeholders, grooming the backlog and managing your team. You should show great communication skills as well as dedication and commitment to ensure that work is completed within timescales.
- Evangelise and continuously improve SecDevOps culture within the organisation.
- Ensure products are safe and secure against cyber-security threats.
- Lead infrastructure governance processes, security guidelines and standardisation.
- Take ownership of the group wide SecDevOps Guild to drive knowledge and transparency
- Build and lead a small team of experts to assist teams through their SecDevOps transition and help build our core tooling
- Automate and streamline our infrastructure, operations, and deployment processes, building shared blueprints and recipes where appropriate
- Provide technical advice to leadership and engineering teams on matters of cloud infrastructure.
- Build CI/CD pipelines as code and implement security principles.
- Champion for infrastructure as code and drive guidelines across the products.
- Lead automation-based monitoring of production environments to provide proactive alerts on system health and reliability.
Education and experience
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant real-world experience
- 15+ years of experience working in a development organization
- 7+ years of experience building enterprise DevOps pipelines and processes in a mature SecDevOps operating model (this role is hands-on)
- Hands-on experience in creating Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines using tools such as Azure DevOps, GitLab, GitOps (Flux CD, Argo)
- Expert in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Proven history of DevOps in AWS especially with services like (EKS, ECS/Fargate, ECR, S3/CloudFront, Load Balancing, Lambda, VPC, Route 53, RDS, CloudWatch, EC2).
- Excellent knowledge of IaC and Configuration Management - Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Helm Charts
- Demonstrable experience with code vulnerability scanning tools such as SonarQube, WhiteSource
- Bash/PowerShell Scripting
- Containerisation and Orchestration
- Expert level background in Linux and Windows administration.
- Thought leader with focus on delivery
- Displays energy, drive and stamina
- Analytical and can work with the technology stakeholder's daily
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.