- Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 May 19
A career in our Assurance Transformation Centre of Excellence practice, within Assurance Transformation Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for developing functions in PwC that support audit engagement teams and audit quality efforts. You'll focus on enhancing our services related to data auditing, business analytics, visualisation and leveraging of analytic technologies to evaluating complex Enterprise Systems for audit and non audit services.
As part of our team, you'll work with a broad and diverse range of clients, providing you with exposure to businesses of varying sizes, industries and complexity. You'll use cutting edge technology working virtually on various audit engagements. You'll develop specialist Assurance knowledge and play a key role in improving the quality and efficiency of our audits and lead innovation in a range of areas, with an initial focus on pensions assets and liabilities, share based payments, and the audit of Tax.
A hands-on Junior Developer with practical experience in .Net, C# and / or scripting languages. RPA experience preferred but not essential as training and methodology will be provided. Process focused with experience of automation. Experience of working with enterprise systems and across applications and platforms. Curious mindset, self-driven and an aptitude for learning and failing-fast in order to deliver exceptional solutions.
- Engaging and supporting technical and non-technical delivery teams on software development projects.
- Following coding best practices and familiarisation with an Agile methodology.
- Member of the Agile Development team, cognizant of the multifaceted approach to the quality, testing and support of the delivered solutions.
- Contribute to and strengthen the development processes; Peer review approach to coding with DevOps at its core.
- Display a resilient attitude, open to embracing rapid change, failing-fast and maintaining a positive attitude and quality focus throughout.
- Learning and applying RPA technology approaches in development and skills with process optimisation approaches to deliver efficient, quality solutions.
- Sharing lessons learned for the betterment of the team and approach.
- Innovative / creative approach to problem solving collaboratively and individually within a group.
The Role and its expectations
- Reporting to the Technical Solutions Architect (TSA) and acting as a key member of the RPA development team, fostering open strong relationships with multi-skilled technical and non-technical teams.
- Take responsibility for delivered coded solutions, championing security and quality, in a process focused role.
- Support the Technical Solutions Architect in delivering continuous improvement through peer- reviews, code quality standards and managing efficiencies to deliver from inception to implementation including operational considerations and documentation for handover.
- Recommend and improve the use of service metrics to achieve and maintain efficiencies and quality deliverables as part of development.
- Optimisation and reuse of standards based code / automations where possible. Share with the wider PwC organisation as appropriate.
- Work closely with Business analysts (BA), process owners / business SME's in delivering requirements.
- Support TSA and BA in reviewing risks in the analysis and scoring of process criteria.(Supporting the business case for solutions)
- Delivering operations-ready solutions that are secure, scalable and meet or exceed functional and non-functional requirements. (Operations focus)
- Deliver solutions that co-exist with required credentials systems for Bots (focus on unattended Bots).
- Strong awareness of source code management toolchains, frameworks and concepts (E.g., VSTS, Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Kanban, etc)
- Good verbal and written technical communication skills
- Previous experience working as a hands-on developer in an Agile framework development team
- Comfortable in an Enterprise organisational structure developing software solutions
- Development experience of solutions that have been successfully implemented in Cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS, Google)
- An appreciation for the full development lifecycle including designing, developing, testing and implementing, including hands-on development and scripting experience. (.Net, Java, UIPath, API Restful integration, Powershell, Python, for example)
- Experience working with DevOps frameworks and toolchains.
- Experience collaborating with business teams and subject matter experts in understanding, optimising and/or automating business processes.
- Client facing experience with strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
Qualifications / Certification
- Development credentials and or demonstrated experience (.Net, C#, Java, UIPath, API Restful integration, Powershell, Python, Cloud development)
What's in it for you
- Diverse portfolio of emerging technology that is meaningful to PwC clients seeking solutions to complex issues that really matter.
- A fast-paced collaborative team and environment that challenges and encourages innovative and creative thinkers with a fail-fast-and-adapt culture.
- Opportunity for training in the latest technologies in Automation and the ability to quickly apply learnings.
- Opportunity to contribute to the way PwC Assurance conducts Automation development
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity