- Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 May 19
Who are we?
PwC is investing in the development of intelligent automation capabilities to support one of the largest growth areas for our technology risk team. Our Centre for Applied Intelligent Automation is the UK competency centre for the development of enterprise solutions utilising emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation, Blockchain and the Internet of Things. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a creative team in an innovative digital environment, helping PwC to be the leading technology enabled professional services firm and deliver exception value for our clients.
Competency centre: An organisational structure used to coordinate IT skills with an enterprise. Competency centres provide expertise for project or program support, acting both as repositories of knowledge and resource pools for multiple business areas. Skills-based competency centres, the most common type in an information services organisation, are used for application development, software language skills, data management, Internet development and network design. Within the enterprise, it is increasingly common to find competency centres (or shared services) for travel, finance and human resources. Repository-based competencies act exclusively as sources of information.
Ideal Candidate Hands-on Developer with practical experience in .Net, Java, scripting languages e.g. Python, and experience of system integrations. UIPath qualifications preferred but not essential, all RPA experience welcome. Process focused and having delivered RPA implementations (Bots) across an enterprise portfolio in both attended and unattended modes. An appreciation for infrastructure nuances and configurations. Development experience in an Agile framework delivering enterprise projects with a global footprint and technologies. Curious mindset, self-driven and an aptitude for learning and failing-fast in order to deliver exceptional solutions.
The Role and its expectations
- Reporting to the Technical Solutions Architect (TSA) and acting as a key member of the RPA development team, fostering open strong relationships with multi-skilled technical and non-technical teams.
- Take responsibility for delivered coded solutions, championing security and quality, in a process focused role.
- Support the Technical Solutions Architect in delivering continuous improvement through peer- reviews, code quality standards and managing efficiencies to deliver from inception to implementation including operational considerations and documentation for handover.
- Recommend and improve the use of service metrics to achieve and maintain efficiencies and quality deliverables as part of development.
- Optimisation and reuse of code / automations (Bots) where possible. Share with the wider PwC organisation as appropriate.
- Work alongside Business analysts (BA), process owners / business SME's in delivering requirements.
- Support TSA and BA in reviewing risks in the analysis and scoring of process criteria.(Supporting the business case for solutions)
- Delivering operations-ready solutions that are secure, scalable and meet or exceed functional and non-functional requirements. (Operations focus)
- Deliver solutions that co-exist with required credentials systems for Bots (focus on unattended Bots).
- Solid understanding of source code management toolchains, frameworks and concepts (E.g., VSTS, Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Kanban, etc)
- Good verbal and written technical communication skills
- Experience working as a hands-on developer in an Agile framework development team
- Comfortable in an Enterprise organisational structure delivering Automation projects (not necessarily RPA)
- Development experience of solutions that have been successfully implemented in Cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Experience delivering RPA solutions including Machine Learning, Cognitive/AI, MI and data warehousing.
- Experience designing and developing Restful API integration across platforms (Cloud , Hybrid and On-Premise)
- Full development lifecycle including designing, developing, testing and implementing RPA solutions including hands-on development and scripting experience. (.Net, Java, UIPath, API Restful integration, Powershell,, Python preferred)
- Experience working with DevOps frameworks and toolchains.
- Experience working with source code management and backlog toolchains including documentation
- Experience of coding and implementing attended and unattended RPA
- Experience collaborating with business teams and subject matter experts in understanding, optimising and/or automating business processes.
- Client facing experience with strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- If applicable, UIPath Certification (Evidence and Experience)
- Development credentials and experience (.Net, C#, Java, UIPath, API Restful integration, Powershell, Python, Cloud development)
- Diverse portfolio of emerging technology that is meaningful to PwC clients seeking solutions to complex issues that really matter.
- A fast-paced collaborative team and environment that challenges and encourages innovative and creative thinkers with a fail-fast-and-adapt culture.
- Opportunity for training in the latest technologies in Automation and the ability to quickly apply learnings.
- Opportunity to contribute to the way PwC Assurance conducts Automation development
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity