North Comms Regional Manager - Assistant Director - UK&I - BMC - Maternity Cover
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced communications professional to join a well-respected in-house communications team, at one of the world's largest international accounting firms. The role is a 12 month fixed term maternity leave cover.
Based in Manchester or Leeds and reporting directly to the Head of PR and External Affairs and Head of Communications & Engagement, UK & Ireland, you will work closely with and be an integral part of the 20+ strong communications (internal and external) function for the UK and Ireland. The opportunity:
Y ou will act as a communications adviser to senior leaders across EY's offices in the North of England (Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Hull and Liverpool).
A dynamic and assertive self-starter, you will have the intellectual rigour and creative flair to work with complex and sometimes technical subject matter and turn these into compelling campaigns aimed at our people and the local media. You will be expected to have strong proven relationships with local media and an understanding of the business and political landscape in the North.
Y ou will be part of an extended communications team based in London and other regional locations, whilst working alongside marketing and business development teams across the North West and Yorkshire regions. Y our key responsibilities:
W orking closely with the Office Managing Partners of the five EY offices in the North of England, you will advise on and implement the firm's communications (internal and external) strategy. The communications strategy supports the firm's growth ambitions and business objectives, while building and protecting the firm's brand and reputation with our people and the market.
Either from an in-house or agency background with experience of working with corporate, financial or professional services organisations, you will have experience of advising clients on how to build effective communication programmes which engage our people and regional / UK media. Skills and attributes for success:
T o qualify for the role you must have:
- A self-starter with a 'can-do' attitude and the drive and enthusiasm to get the job done
- Experience of working with and influencing senior executives / leadership
- Excellent networking experience / skills in a wide range of situations and with people at all levels within an organisation
- Initiative, coupled with accuracy and attention to detail, and reliability
Ideally, you'll also be:
- Understanding and experience of people engagement and change management programmes
- Proven experience of creating and executing internal and external communication strategies that support business objectives and produce measurable improvements in business performance
- A deep understanding of, and keen interest in, print and broadcast media relations
- Full understanding and experience of all internal communications - event management, newsletter production, print and electronic media production
- A strong contact book of key regional business press across the North of England and an understanding of the business and political landscape
- Excellent writing skills are fundamental
What we look for:
- A strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- IT literate with a sound command of the Windows Office programs
- Experienced at working in a complex, matrix environment
What working at EY offers
- A competent and highly motivated communications specialist with extensive stakeholder management experience at a senior level.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now. #LI- P Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.