Our client, a leading US Bank with global coverage is seeking to hire a VP Legal Counsel to join them on a permanent basis to cover procurement and outsourcing contracts including Third Party Governance and technology. The role is based in Manchester.
Legal Counsel – Outsourcing contracts/Third Party Governance
Our client, a leading US Bank with global coverage is seeking to hire a VP Legal Counsel to join them on a permanent basis to cover procurement and outsourcing contracts including Third Party Governance and technology. The role is based in Manchester and they can offer a highly competitive salary.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with vendors and other third parties, focusing primarily on technology procurement such as software licensing and development, SaaS, cloud computing, and outsourcing, as well as strategic alliances and joint ventures with financial technology firms (either independently or in collaboration with the Legal Department’s M&A team).
- You will advise management and other attorneys on contract and legal risk issues associated with third party relationships, and collaborate with other internal transaction lawyers as well as outside counsel used to supplement in-house capabilities.
- Support and advise the firm’s Third Party Governance group to maintain, enhance and execute a robust governance program that complies with all applicable global regulations and the firm’s risk appetite.
- Keep up to date on the latest regulatory developments in the fields of vendor management and third party governance, guiding the implementation of changes necessary to comply with regulatory changes, advising Line of Business attorneys in client contract negotiations, and assistance in preparations for discussions with and examinations by regulatory agencies.
- Legal Degree and qualified lawyer with at least 5 years of experience focussing on negotiation of complex technology and outsourcing contracts, and strategic alliances.
- In-house legal experience within financial services, ideally within investment banking
- Strong knowledge of regulatory guidance on outsourcing and other third party relationships (e.g., EBA, OCC, HKMA)
- Knowledge of global privacy laws (e.g., GDPR, GLBA, CCPA) is a plus
- Strong organisational and analytical skills with the ability to learn quickly and handle multiple projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal and client-service skills.