Infrastructure Specialist (Infoblox, DNS, IPAM, DHCP)
Infrastructure Specialist (Infoblox, DNS, IPAM, DHCP), Manchester Position summary
IHS Markit has embarked on an ambitious DNS re-platforming exercise to bring together disparate platforms from legacy companies into a single, global, extensible Infoblox grid infrastructure. This system will be responsible for a single view of both internal and external DNS as well as IPAM, NTP, DNS SEC and DHCP across more than 12 globally distributed DCs, both CO-LO facilities and cloud instantiated SDDCs.
High and low-level designs have been produced in conjunction with Infoblox. Equipment, licenses and professional services purchased and initial rack, stack and configuration completed. This role has come about as a result of key-man loss in the project team. Duties & accountabilities
Education and experience
- Working with Architecture, Engineering & Operations leads and technical specialists, as well as professional services staff from our vendors to implement the plan to deliver the Infoblox platform and migrate all in-scope services from existing platforms.
- Define the capacity and performance standards, metrics and thresholds and help build the instrumentation to effectively manage these.
- Help Identify and manage risks within the Infoblox platform.
- Assist, as a third-line escalation, with investigation and diagnosis of incidents and problems relating to DNS and the other deliverables of the service.
- Handover Infoblox services to the operations team with any necessary informal training to supplement formal vendor training undertaken by the team.
- Provide operations with the documentation, understanding and tools to effectively manage the final platform.
- Forecast future performance, availability and capacity requirements based on business plans, usage trends, service portfolio plans.
- Identify and implement opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement.
- Maintain and lead estate lifecycle planning by providing detailed analysis on cost to run versus replace / consolidate.
- Extensive and recent experience of Infoblox in a large enterprise.
- In-depth knowledge of DNS, IPAM and DHCP.
- Demonstrable ability in capacity planning and the presentation of meaningful management information.
- Ability to design and implement Infoblox automation - with a view to implementing workflows for common activities.
- Ability to manage multiple stands of work simultaneously.
- Experience with VMware VRA/VRO/VROPS would be helpful.
- Experience designing, planning and delivering large platform migration activities.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.