Head of R&D - Financial Services
- Salary: GBP50000.00 - GBP60000.00 per annum
- Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: JCW Search
Our client, a fast-growing financial and legal services company based in the North West is looking to recruit an experienced R&D lead to join the business on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic time to join as the business continues to expand. Genuine opportunity to manage and influence a number of fintech/legaltech solutions and take to market via a proven business model.
This new role, reporting to the CTO, is responsible for providing a new R&D lab in our LegalTech business to test, monitor and accelerate our ability to enter new markets with new products and channels. In addition, it will be responsible for new product development including horizon scanning, legal research, product design, and business case assessment/presentation.
- Manage a team of R&D specialists including Software PM, Business Analyst, Legal Advisor and Developer(s).
- Carry out market and client research (and follow up on leads) to identify opportunities for Software Development.
- Conduct Minimum viable product (MVP) development and product testing/evaluation and make recommendations to the business.
- Responsible for Business Process Design on new products and redesign post MVP test/evaluation.
- Administration of performance tests and metrics culminating in proof of concept reports supported by statistically valid data.
- Programme and project management of all products in the lab including IT/automation of products
- Define and deliver the strategy including supporting documentation and training plans for the business to support implementation of new products.
- Ensure regulatory research is completed to support practicality of product and process design.
- Ringfence core business activities and processes until ready to go mainstream.
- Track and monitor all Lab initiatives and keep stakeholders updated and informed with progress.
- Share knowledge and best practice with team and group members and provide support as necessary.
- Comply with GDPR and confidentiality guidelines and other company policies and procedures.
Key Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar technical Project Management role.
- Financial Services experience, with good technical knowledge in one of our key sectors (Mortgages, Pensions, SIPPs etc) would be advantageous.
- Experience of working in the Legal Sector and/or dealing with Law Firms would be beneficial.
- Strong understanding and experience of project delivery methodologies (Agile) and the Software Development Lifecycle.
- High level understanding of coding languages (C#) and able to decipher technical speak.
- Strong understanding and experience of portfolio and project governance.
- Excellent leadership skills and 'can do' attitude - can inspire and energise people by gaining respect and trust. Experience of leading teams, comprising both IT and business specialists.